• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Propane Leak

Ray & Dawn Karl

OK this just happen or I notice the smell of propane. It seem to be strong around the side where the water heater and wet bay...I have not start looking for it but figure I would ask for area's other might had for me to start looking at. The unit is a 2021 370FB and out of Alliance warranty. So this is something I need to look at/for due to not having the funds to has service dept work on....Thanks in advance for any info you provide me....

Thanks
Ray

OK this just happen or I notice the smell of propane. It seem to be strong around the side where the water heater and wet bay...I have not start looking for it but figure I would ask for area's other might had for me to start looking at. The unit is a 2021 370FB and out of Alliance warranty. So this is something I need to look at/for due to not having the funds to has service dept work on....Thanks in advance for any info you provide me....

Thanks
Ray
I would call alliance and see if your propane is part of the recall. It may not be the issue but a good start. If this is not already resolved I would “Walk” the hoses and look for any signs of rubbing or wear on the rubber. If you don’t find anything there start checking the connection points. If you have access to the equipment you should pressure test the lines.

bhidalgo

Ray & Dawn - in addition to Chris and Martha's advice I'd take a water bottle with a 50/50 mixture of water and dishwashing liquid and as you go along your propane lines spray the water/soap solution. If you have a leak it'll bubble up. (We used to use this in the Navy when we were looking for freon leaks on aircraft radar waveguides.)
I would also get one of these (see below) which will shut off your propane tank instantly if it detects a leak (unless you already have one). You can find them at TechnoRV.com OR on Amazon. Not cheap but worth it to me. (non-compensated product endorsement)

1662170705066.png

Hope this helps. Just my two cents...Bill

Ray & Dawn Karl

Thanks for the advise, will start with the soapy water when I start looking for the leak...will be looking into emergency shut off valve after i get the leak fix...Only recall I no of is the port on other side but mine fell outside the vin point of the failure valve/port...Once i find the leak I will post where it was and if something caused it.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks for the advise, will start with the soapy water when I start looking for the leak...will be looking into emergency shut off valve after i get the leak fix...Only recall I no of is the port on other side but mine fell outside the vin point of the failure valve/port...Once i find the leak I will post where it was and if something caused it.
For sure, keep the gas off at both tanks until you are ready to troubleshoot it, then off again once you’ve found the leak source.

While you’re out of warranty, consider contacting us to share your findings. There could be other product warranties still in force and we might be able to guide you.

Email your findings to service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone and last 6 of your VIN. Thanks.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Hoping this is all the damage they did, wife found the hose going from driver side tank junction block out to a junction block on the frame. Now i need to find the correct hose (size and length) and replace . Was going to just repair but found about 3 other section on the hose where they started to chew on. Once I find a replacement hose and can get underneath the RV i will replace. Then pray they didn't chew anywhere else. P.S. I just had a hip replacement and can't get down yet, that how come wife was looking instead of me...glad she understood what i was looking for,