• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Wireless Rear View Camera on my P. 295MK Fifth Wheel?

AMW

I was thinking of doing a wireless rearview/Backup camera on my rig? I don’t want to deal with going the hardwire route if I can avoid it.
Any opinions on the best brand or camera unit out there?
Also it looked as if I could hook up power to the wireless camera at the rear camera wiring port on my rig think all you need is a ground wire and a power wire unless I’m mistaken?
I look forward to your advice…

thanks in advance

AMW

Grassjohn

Our Paradigm has a “Camera” switch on the control panel, feeding a wire like you described to the camera location on the back wall. Our previous fifth wheel ran a wire from the clearance lights, so we had to run with parking lights or headlights on to activate the camera.

We have a 385FL (41 feet) and use a 2016 Furrion wireless camera, repurposed from the previous fifth wheel, and have no problems with signal reception or noticeable delay.

Lantley

Just purchased the E-rapta camera on Amazon. It was plug and play with the Furrion prewired set up on my 2022 390MP.
Works fine.
Note I not a dedicated camera person. I'm fine with just my mirrors while driving down the road, I find the rear camera distracting while driving. I do believe a back up camera can save you from backing into something.
I only use the camera when backing up, but I could use it while driving if I desired.
Monitor is clear and reception is very good. The price was right. I paid $119.00 with coupon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CK17G5WH?psc=1&ref=product_details

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yes and No. If you use the Alliance plug, then you can use the camera while not towing, like a security camera. While towing, the truck will provide enough 12v power ove the 7-pin connector to run the lights and camera. Worst case, your truck does not provide enough power, then power will come from battery bank, but soooo little amount of amps that you'll never know.

AMW

T
Just purchased the E-rapta camera on Amazon. It was plug and play with the Furrion prewired set up on my 2022 390MP.
Works fine.
Note I not a dedicated camera person. I'm fine with just my mirrors while driving down the road, I find the rear camera distracting while driving. I do believe a back up camera can save you from backing into something.
I only use the camera when backing up, but I could use it while driving if I desired.
Monitor is clear and reception is very good. The price was right. I paid $119.00 with coupon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CK17G5WH?psc=1&ref=product_details
That Camera look really cool, I just looked it up. How long will it hold a charge? Do you need a ladder to put it up high or you just hook it mid way up The back of the 5er?

Lantley

It is a plug and play replacement for OEM Furrion camera You will need a ladder. It mounts up high in the Furrion camera location. That is where the factory wiring is. The monitor plugs into USB or cigarette lighter in your truck.

Lantley

I believe there are models like that are magnetic like I ball cam etc.
But the model I posted is meant as an alternative to OEM Furrion camera