• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Wingard Installation Wiring Issues

PapaBigGuy1

Just attempted to install the Winegard Gateway to the "prewired Winegard 360+". First issue was the yellow antennae wire was pinched during the manufacturing process. Second issue was that the "loose green/white power wire" had no power.
Does anyone know if there are multiple colored wires in the ceiling? Perhaps there's another "loose wire" up there that I've been unable to find.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Bill

RockingRK

I had the same "where's the power" problem. Make sure the Winegard power is turned on. Look for a plate that looks like this in one of the basement storage areas. Button/light on the left is for the TV Over The Air Antenna; button/light on the right is for the router. That button is also a way to do a power off reboot of the router.
Hope this helps and the wires are actually connected.

Attachments

• Winegard Power Plate.jpg
    Winegard Power Plate.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 24

Delta262

Is the diode on the right to power the Gateway?? Gateway comes with a switch so you don’t run down your battery leaving it on. Does the unlit diode mean the Gateway will be “off”??

Mike in North Wales

If you look closely at the switch plate, and I mean real close, you should see the label for each switch molded into the plate. It's a Wingard part. On the pic above, the left one says ANT PWR, and the right says WIFI PWR.

Delta262

I’ll look again, but I’ve looked at it before. But what, exactly, is meant by “ant power”, and “wifi power”? I don’t have a standard TV antenna such as the Razer: I have only the Weingard 360+ black antenna combo on the roof; and what, exactly, is “wifi power”? No wifi without a router of some sort (should be the Gateway….that requires a SIM card.

Delta262

Just checked: the Weingard plate does say ‘wifi power‘ and ‘ota ant’. Behind the TV, the double coax plate had a white cable on the bottom, and black cable on top. I switched them. In the ‘water utility, the top had a white cable and an orange [?] on the bottom. Couldn’t find a black cable in there. There are two black cables behind the Weingard plate; they both connect to very small gauge, black wires connected to a plate. No ‘orange‘ wire back there. Still getting the error code from our Wally that it isn’t receiving a signal. I’m afraid Alliance cheaped out and used a splitter. A major ‘nogo’ for digital signals. Guess I’ll hardwire the black coax cables behind the Weingard plate to the Wally’s coax. Sure am glad Alliance didn’t build our car or truck: I’d hate to have to rewire an F250 and VA ID4 EV to get radio! Beginning to regret buying an Alliance!!!

Delta262

1. Started to install the Winegard Gateway but, of course, our 262rb didn’t conform to instructions. In the instructions and multiple videos, the power lead is a loop. Not ours!! It is a terminal wire with cutoff end. The wire doesn’t conform to standard color coding: a solid white conductor, and a white/green conductor. There is also a purple cable that might be a coax, but can’t be sure [of course]; it might not be associated with the 360+ and Gateway. If you don’t use the switch included with the Gateway, the Gateway stays hot all the time; one video from Keystone said the solar panel powers it, so you don’t need a switch.…that you can turn it off with the battery disconnect. Common sense says the Winegard plate behind the TV should turn it on/off, but it didn’t. I still haven’t discovered what the Winegard plate controls: one for ‘antenna power’ and one for ‘wifi power’. That screams 360+, one would say. But, in Alliance’s infinite wisdom, they don’t provide instructions/info. I’ll call Winegard tomorrow, but they won’t know what Alliance did…just like I don‘t. It seems Alliance goe out of its way to make life miserable for customers. 2. Rechecked coax continuity with my tester out to the end of the dish antenna cable: connects, but will not lock onto a satellite, and the Wally won’t go into its intended upload sequence. Yepper….must be a splitter in there! Everyone KNOWS that is a nonstarter.