• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Where is the Solar prep wiring on a 2022 30RLS

rick 6621

First I must apologize if this tread has already been asked. Does anyone know where the prep wires from the roof for solar panels are in the garage area of a 2022 avenue 30rls, I was installing a 50 amp surge protector in the storage area and could not locate the solar wires, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

rgeyer

First I must apologize if this tread has already been asked. Does anyone know where the prep wires from the roof for solar panels are in the garage area of a 2022 avenue 30rls, I was installing a 50 amp surge protector in the storage area and could not locate the solar wires, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Front storage bay by the battery

rick 6621

looked high and low can't locate wires, my 30 rls does not have a 12 volt fridge, prep wires are on the roof with termination with mc4 connectors

rick 6621

Hi rgeyer thanks for the info, looked around again and found 4 wires with connectors on them, 2 black and 1 red,1 orange, tomorrow I will do a continuity test because I believe that the're is only 2 wires on the roof for solar.

Shelly S

Hi rgeyer thanks for the info, looked around again and found 4 wires with connectors on them, 2 black and 1 red,1 orange, tomorrow I will do a continuity test because I believe that the're is only 2 wires on the roof for solar.
I have a 2022 valor, took delivery in late may of 2022 from dealer. Today I found where the solar wires from the factory installed roof gland come down to on their way to the solar controller. They are actually wire nutted yet again at the nautilus panel before they go to the solar controller. What a cluster. On mine the wire coming from the solar panels is orange and a black. The orange is wire nutted to another orange that goes to the solar controller. At the controller it is labeled solar. There is also a black that is wire nutted to a black one of those goes back to the controller and is labeled solar. The load side from the controller to the battery bank is black and red.