• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Where can the accurate length of the RV be found?

KingDom

I noticed that there is a consistent discrepancy between what the Alliance on-line brochure says and the label inside the door says about the length of a rig.
Why do they do that?
For instance, the Paradigm 375RD says it is 41'9" online. But the door label says 42'11".
What is the most reliable source for the true length?
And is it always from edge of rear to front pin?
Thanks.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The door is the best bet if you can get a saleman to read it to you. If you're there...bring a tape measure and know 100% for sure.

A few years ago I didn't know this trick. Drove from Oregon to Iowa to get a "41" foot RV. I talked my wife into a 41 foot RV, as our last one was 37 and it was only 4 feet more. I get the RV home...try to back it into our barn and I have like 8" on each end. Turns out it was just over 45 feet long. We sold it a week later and put in the order for our Alliance 340RL 2 weeks later (after measuring the length at a dealer close to our house)

bhidalgo

I measured my 310RL from the front of the cap to the back of the ladder. I give our length as 36 feet when making reservations. From what I was told a few years back, the "box" is 31 feet.

Fishfnatic

I measured my 310RL from the front of the cap to the back of the ladder. I give our length as 36 feet when making reservations. From what I was told a few years back, the "box" is 31 feet.
here is mine from my door 24 310rl wife had been using 35 ft. Saw this thread and checked

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 25

Gord&Cindy

I too am very confused about this issue.
How do manufacturers get away with making false advertising claims?
Maybe they have a different measuring system!? Standard, metric, and RV ??? LOL

KingDom

RV standard. Didn't think about that.
What did Kellyanne call it? Alternative Facts! LOL
Keep em coming GC.

Hotrodjohn

I know when we ordered our 2023 340 the brochure said few inches short of 39’. My door sticker says 39’. The new brochure says 37’ and change. I have always wondered if it got shortened ??

bhidalgo

I know when we ordered our 2023 340 the brochure said few inches short of 39’. My door sticker says 39’. The new brochure says 37’ and change. I have always wondered if it got shortened ??
Personally I took a tape measure and measured from the front of the cap to the back of the ladder on our 310RL. I quote 36 ft when we make park reservations.