• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Weingard ‘s coax p;late wiring

Delta262

which wire is for Satellite? There are four Black coaxes behind the Weingard plate; one Orange; and a few, bundled/attached, smaller wires. The separate plate with two coax points [behind the TV] I’m sure are for Satellite and Cable; top one has a White coax [as does the same type plate on curb side in utility bay] while the lower one has an Orange Coax. Down in the utility bay, the brown coax plate holds a White and an Orange coaxes. Using my coax continuity tester with colored shunts, one toasted “open” and one toasted “short”. I can only assume the White coaxes in utility bay and behind TV are to connect my Playmaker 2 antenna to my Wally. If I connect the Playmaker 2 directly to the Wally through the entry door, all is well In TV land. If I connect the Playmaker 2 to the coax with White cable, there‘s no signal. According to Dish, an antenna cannot be connected through a switch or video connector [splitter, etc]; you’re supposed to disconnect the coax for Satellite—install a connector—-and connect it to the dedicated Satellite coax to re-route around the cable/other coaxes. I discovered that one of the Black coaxes behind the Weingard plate simply goes behind the plywood wall to the double coax plate: I further assume that is for cable, but I’m unsure. Since the Delta line does not appear similar to the only Alliance-provided schematic about coax cables, with a ‘bundle of unconnected coaxes], I’ve wasted two days trying to trace which coax is which! I’m not the only angry Delta owner…but I’m vocal. This shouldn’t be this hard, and Alliance employees responsible for this mess should straighten it out. I take our 262rb to the dealer Monday hoping the techs can fix issues and figure out what the factory did; but I’d hope someone here can provide professional input. Photo is of the brown plate in the utility Bay Area.

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpeg
    IMG_4882.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 4