• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Warranty Work (side wall cracks etc.)

Dcorfield

Looks like I am going to have to get some major work done on my RV. My dealership which is fantastic has noted a few major flaws, cracks and what not in my side wall. They are telling me that the are unable to fix as its a major one and they are contacting alliance about setting up to have the factory complete the repair which is awesome. However. I am over 1500miles away from the factory. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this. Am I going to be expected to get the rv to the factory at my own cost / time. Or will warranty set it up to have the rv hauled?

dwcfish

From my personal experience I had to take my rig to the factory at my expense. This included staying in a hotel for about a week. However it was worth the trip to have the repairs done. They do a great job of getting things taken care. Also did the tour while I was there which was helpful for future repairs seeing the rig being put together. They were super nice while I was there and made some contacts at Alliance.

Bozo

Looks like I am going to have to get some major work done on my RV. My dealership which is fantastic has noted a few major flaws, cracks and what not in my side wall. They are telling me that the are unable to fix as its a major one and they are contacting alliance about setting up to have the factory complete the repair which is awesome. However. I am over 1500miles away from the factory. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this. Am I going to be expected to get the rv to the factory at my own cost / time. Or will warranty set it up to have the rv hauled?
What unit do you have and do you have anymore info and pictures?

Bozo

I just called my dealer to check on status of a few issues my unit had when delivered and is moving along. Sent pics of some additional concerns with notes and will be swinging by next week before a short 4 day outing several hours away. Work order is in, so we’ll see how they do.

Bozo

Anybody know who to contact at Allianz with what issues we have had/noticed for quality improvements?

Guests on the Move

We had repairs done at the factory, and like you we live a distance from the factory. We dropped the unit off at 6am Monday morning and all the repairs were completed and we were able to pick up the unit 10 days later. On a Wednesday. Yes you have to get it there.

TravelersDnM

I really like what I see with Alliance 5th wheels but, should I look for a different brand since I don't want to have to travell over 2200 miles for warranty work?
We're in California.

Mike in North Wales

If you mean you have a 2200 mile drive to get to the Alliance service center, you will have that same issue with many other manufacturers. Elkhart is ground zero for RV production. Most of the major manufacturers are located there.
I would think your dealer is the way to go for most repairs. Going to the factory isn't always necessary. Keep that in mind when you shop. Try to pick a dealer close enough to be convenient for you.

Turfengineer

I’m dropping my 32rls at the factory next week for a few items. They have 3 days scheduled, which makes be a little nervous that they will be able to resolve everything. I love 220 miles from the factory, so I plan to drop off early on Wednesday and pick up the following Monday.

Good advice purchasing from a dealer local to your home base. It really helps.

Turfengineer

Pick up the Avenue this morning and drive home in the snow. Everything was fixed and they performed a thorough inspection on many other components.

Mazboy

start communicating with alliance service directly....start with email.....they'll tell you what can be done and where