• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Tow vehicle Tool Boxes and Tonneau Covers

Likin' Bikin'

Have a 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 w long bed, gonna take off w our P'digm 340 RL in a bit, and trying to decide on a tool box and cover setup. Thinking of a chest-type box, below the rails, with a roll-up type cover for times when the 340 is not chasing us down the highways. Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations or warnings?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We had a roll-up cover on our F-350 and I struggled with it over and over. When we bought our F-450 I wanted something better. We ended up with the RenTraxPro and I LOVE it. You can lock it in any position. Now...the down side is there is a container in the front of the bed where the hard cover rolls into, which would remove your ability to have a truck tool box. Worth it for me, as I carry the tools I need in the RV pass-through on a MorRyde pull out tray.

CornCrib

We went with the same one as Jim .. just moved down to the ReTraxOne instead of the Pro to save a little $. Installed it ourselves, not difficult. Happy so far, but as Jim said, no room for a bed toolbox (or fuel tank), but it seems worth it to us.
2022 F350 SB

kmac7800

+1 on the Retrax for our 2020 GMC Sierra. FYI, 11 inches of the bed is used for the cannister, however you can put stuff under it.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac

We have a 21 Chevy 3500 Long bed DRW. We use a Low profile toolbox with "Shotgun" latch, and an Access Toolbox Edition Roll-Up tonneau Cover. I can open the toolbox with the cover open or closed. Saw it on Big Truck Big RV a couple of years ago, and it's a great setup for us.