• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Torque - Quick-Reference Guide

Rob Boyer

RV Education & Community Outreach Manager
Staff member
Hello Allies,

There were a couple of versions of our Torque Quick Reference Guide out there, so I wanted to provide a link to the current revision from our Owner Empowerment area of the Alliance Academy on AllianceRV.com. In it you'll find quick reference torque values for your pin box, leveling jack legs, and running gear components.

Last edited:

RockingRK

My 390MP has wet bolts in the spring hangers. The torque guide says 70-80 ft-lbs for the spring hanger bolts but the wet bolts are not 3/4". Should all the wet bolts be torqued to 40 ft-lbs as per the CRE 3000 specs? Seems that doubling the torque on the spring hanger wet bolts is a recipe for failure.

Rob Boyer

Staff member
My 390MP has wet bolts in the spring hangers. The torque guide says 70-80 ft-lbs for the spring hanger bolts but the wet bolts are not 3/4". Should all the wet bolts be torqued to 40 ft-lbs as per the CRE 3000 specs? Seems that doubling the torque on the spring hanger wet bolts is a recipe for failure.
RockingRK- The spring hanger bolts and U-bolts are not the same as the wet bolts for the shackles on the CRE3000. The wet-bolts are 40 lbs. as the guide indicates. The U-bolt nut and hanger bolts are 70-80 lbs. Where are you getting 80 lbs. for the wet bolts on the guide?

RockingRK

On my unit, the spring hanger bolts are the exact same bolts as used in the CRE3000 shackle links. They are wet bolts.
According the guide, wet bolt torque is 40. I did not say that wet bolt torque is 80 ft-lbs. What I'm saying is that my spring hanger bolts are wet bolts and therefore the guide is not accurate for my configuration.

Note: my springs are double eye leaf springs; the diagram is for slipper leaf springs.

Rob Boyer

Staff member
On my unit, the spring hanger bolts are the exact same bolts as used in the CRE3000 shackle links. They are wet bolts.
According the guide, wet bolt torque is 40. I did not say that wet bolt torque is 80 ft-lbs. What I'm saying is that my spring hanger bolts are wet bolts and therefore the guide is not accurate for my configuration.

Note: my springs are double eye leaf springs; the diagram is for slipper leaf springs.
Gotcha; I have a call in with Dexter to discuss. When you went to check the torque what was it?

Whitewolf

Nice update, thanks! Might want to consider adding the torque specs of the tire valve stems. Another member had a post that he was getting a slow leak in one of his tires and discovered the leak was coming from the stem. Torqued to the proper inch-pounds and leak went away. :)