• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Thousand Trails membership

simsfmly

Need some opinions from those who have had, or still have a Thousand Trails membership. We're thinking of doing the summer in the NW & SW regions. Our biggest concern is the 60 day window to make a reservation. We'll be out on the road in May/June needing to make reservations in July & August. How often have you gotten shut out of a park? What other underlying costs or issues should we be aware of? I can get a region for $550 and a 2nd for $110. $660 would go a long ways towards making the summer affordable, but we're still leery of the too good to be true scenario. Give us your opinions of what to expect? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dwcfish

First, we are fulltime, and TT has been a huge money saver for us. Outside of TT we try and avoid RV parks. TT parks are a real mix. Some are great and others not so much. If you are all about having a lot of high-quality amenities, then you might want to look elsewhere. We purchased a membership from https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com and have more than recovered the $4,000 cost. Our membership allows us to book 210 days in advance and we can go park to park. Still have the yearly dues, but we more than cover that in savings. I have never gone the zone pass route so I cannot speak to the 60 days booking window, you might want to also look at the issue of going park to park. I know that with some memberships you can spend 14 days at a park but then need to be out of the TT system for a week or two. I do know that last summer we were on the Oregon and WA coasts and most of the TT seemed to be full. We also have added on the Trails Collection membership. This one only allows us to book 60 days in advance and while we do not use it a lot, we have not had any issues.