• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Stair riser (slats)

Does anyone know why they used slats for risers instead of just closing them in? I have an Alliance 36BRM 5th wheel. It seems like I am losing a/c and heat as it goes into the storage bay.

Whitewolf

You can close them off until you need to run the furnace. Some people have gotten quite creative and others have just used foam board. We haven't gone anywhere warm enough to warrant me doing it. Yet.

RockingRK

While we were in Arizona, I got tired of the dust coming in and put a filter in there. 14 X 25 fits almost perfectly in my 390MP.Filter under steps - 1.jpgFilter under steps - 2jpg.jpgStill allows airflow (furnace worked fine in Yellowstone) and keeps out flies as well.

Likin' Bikin'

well, crap. I JUST posted something in the heating side of this forum, pop over here, and ... guess i should have checked here. Well, my wife says i should shut up and pay attention - might learn something. i wound up cutting up a couple 12 x filters for our 340 RL (opening is quite a bit smaller). Was thinking about a piece of 1/4" screen and bulk filter material.

DWKX31

Amazon has black carbon filters that I'm got to cut and install on both steps. Cost like 16$