• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

SOLVED: Propane Hose Replacement

Ray & Dawn Karl

??? I need to replace the propane hose on the driver side of a 2021 Alliance 370FB. No problem except don't know when it will come in. So I was going to use CSST 1/2 (5/8 O.D.) pipe to replace the rubber hose that came with the trailer. Anyone have use the CSST pipe and had any problems with it. Yes in check locally and they told to go to a place the make replacement hoses. I was thinking if I was on the road and something happen then I could go to hardware store to get replacement pipe instead of running all over the place looking for a propane line/hose.... Was even think of using black iron pipe but was thinking of the weight difference of the iron pipe vs CSST pipe.

Thanks
Ray

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
??? I need to replace the propane hose on the driver side of a 2021 Alliance 370FB. No problem except don't know when it will come in. So I was going to use CSST 1/2 (5/8 O.D.) pipe to replace the rubber hose that came with the trailer. Anyone have use the CSST pipe and had any problems with it. Yes in check locally and they told to go to a place the make replacement hoses. I was thinking if I was on the road and something happen then I could go to hardware store to get replacement pipe instead of running all over the place looking for a propane line/hose.... Was even think of using black iron pipe but was thinking of the weight difference of the iron pipe vs CSST pipe.

Thanks
Ray

Ray - we should be able to sell you that hose and get it to you. Call our parts team at 574.226.0140, then ask for Parts.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Thank Jim for responding, I did reach out but they can't give any time frame. It could be months before even seeing this. Didn't want to leave the system open that long. Also in case we wanted to sneak one more trip in. Service did reach out and tried to help with it but same issue. They could not come with about how long and advise ne to find it local. So back to the drawling board and find someone around here that can maybe make it. Again as always you guys are on top of the helping and it great to know someone will always reach out to you.....

Ray & Dawn Karl

On the driver side/roadside going from the block off the regulator down along the frame to a junction block on the frame just below storage compartment. The hose I thinking is 1/2" ID with 1/2" MIP fitting on both ends. I was also thinking of getting 2 smaller length hoses and running a black iron pipe between the the two hoses. I looking for the safest but cheapest way around this. I been out of work since last Nov. and the bank is drying up... I did reach out to MB Sturgis to see what they come up with.

Attachments

• 20221202_161902_resized.jpg
    20221202_161902_resized.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221202_161907_resized.jpg
    20221202_161907_resized.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221202_161934_resized.jpg
    20221202_161934_resized.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221202_161956_resized.jpg
    20221202_161956_resized.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221202_162104_resized.jpg
    20221202_162104_resized.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221202_162108_resized.jpg
    20221202_162108_resized.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221202_162340_resized.jpg
    20221202_162340_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

Whitewolf

I'm most likely wrong here, but what about using a hydraulic hose? I believe most if not all NAPA stores can make one to length.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Cost to make a 7.5' hose out of hydraulic hose might be to high. I contacted a company that told me no problem they can make one but it will be well over $250. He laugh and said you want to keep looking before seeing me.

Ray & Dawn Karl

To small ID, that is 3/8 and this is the main hose to feed everything so to be 1/2..There is one from MB Sturgis that is $75 plus $11 to ship. But then I need to get adapter to make it work. I did put in a message to them for what I'm looking for but no response from them. This is why I'm thinking more of getting with Home Depot and redesign it the set up.

Ray & Dawn Karl

Following up, Still no answer about when I can get the factory made hose. So after looking around I decided to try this hose from Amazon. ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BN7DDSG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 ). Added the end adaptor for the flare end and 1/2 adapter for the quick connect. Had to rap the up the extra 2 to 3 feet of hose. Wire tie that up so it was just hanging there. Ran heater, all 4 stove burner and oven at the same time to test to make sure this hose will handle the gas flow. Everything look and work greats. Now if on the road and this happens again I can get a replacement hose in 2 days. Unscrew one side, 3 clamps and then use quick connect to remove hose. Hope this help anyone else in the same boat...

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Ray & Dawn Karl - Sorry to hear we couldn't get you a replacement hose in a quicker time frame. Happy to hear you found a hose on Amazon that with adapters - worked! I have marked this thread as solved. Thank you for sharing your solution to this slowly growing community.

Ray & Dawn Karl

No problem, Maybe after the supplies get better I will look in replacing with the one that was design for this RV. Until then I will keep a eye out on this hose to make sure it holds up. Glad to help making this a great place for info and as the family grows so will this board. Thank you for all you due to help solve issues....

Ray & Dawn