• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Solar/Inverter/Battery Build Thread - Paradigm 340RL

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks Jim. I too want to add to my solar and make the coach where everything can run from solar for 24 hours. I’m on the a little bit at a time plan 🙃.
A little bit at a time plan is a good plan. Just create your master plan, then start adding product as time/funds allow.

My system isn't complete yet either. I'm pretty sure I want to add another battery, another solar charge controller and more solar panels.

Gord&Cindy

Hey Jim,
I'm thinking of installing a DC-DC charger on our 295MK and was wondering if you had any problem running the wires from the pin box area to the front compartment for your installation. Also curious about what size/gauge wire you used to run from the truck battery/alternator to the DC-DC charger.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hey Jim,
I'm thinking of installing a DC-DC charger on our 295MK and was wondering if you had any problem running the wires from the pin box area to the front compartment for your installation. Also curious about what size/gauge wire you used to run from the truck battery/alternator to the DC-DC charger.
Gord - No problem fishing the overhang. I used fiberglass fish rods, pulled in a yellow poly rope, then used the rope to pull my wires.

I used 4 AWG from the chargers in the gen bay to the pin box and will use the same for the umbilical from the pinbox to the truck.

From the truck to the truck battery, I’m using 1/0 and will fuse it at the battery with a 100 amp AMG fuse.

Last edited:

Gord&Cindy

Gord - o problem fishing the overhang. I used fiberglass fish rods, pulled in a yellow poly ripped, then used the rope to pull my wires.

I used 4 AWG from the chargers in the gen bay to the pin box and will use the same for the umbilical from the pinbox to the truck.

From the truck to the truck battery, I’m using 1/0 and will fuse it at the battery with a 100 amp AMG fuse.
Thanks for the info. I'm feeling a bit better about trying this now. I'll just have to save up for the wire, it's a bit pricey right now and I'll need quite a few feet to get from the front of the truck to the gen bay. LOL, I think the wire will cost more than the DC-DC charger unit itself.

TJJ

Gord - No problem fishing the overhang. I used fiberglass fish rods, pulled in a yellow poly rope, then used the rope to pull my wires.

TJJ

Jim,I am in the middle of the same thing with my dc to dc charger mounted in the front storage on our 32rls.I can’t see where I could even fish the wires to allow them to come out in there.Have any pics?Thanks

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Jim,I am in the middle of the same thing with my dc to dc charger mounted in the front storage on our 32rls.I can’t see where I could even fish the wires to allow them to come out in there.Have any pics?Thanks
Sorry - no pics at the moment.
If you look in your front gen bay at ceiling level at the front of the bay (above the door), you may see/feel a gap there and even see some wiring going through the gap. That's where I inserted my fiberglass wire fishing rod and pushed it to the pinbox area.

Ben and Kathy

Sorry - no pics at the moment.
If you look in your front gen bay at ceiling level at the front of the bay (above the door), you may see/feel a gap there and even see some wiring going through the gap. That's where I inserted my fiberglass wire fishing rod and pushed it to the pinbox area.
I went the other direction, from the pinbox to the font bay, used a wire snake. Easier on the back and less maneuvering. I then pulled through a pull string as I didn't have the wire in hand that day.

Shelly S

Does anyone know what the amperage and voltage is on the Renogy 320w panels used in the solar plus packages?

Biking340

new member to the group but have owned a 340RL for couple of years. i am interested in the gen bay DC electrical wiring diagram as plan to do an electrical upgrade as many have done on this thread. my plan is for a 270ah battleborn, a victron lynx smartshut and a victron lynx distributor. i have solar wires but not planning to use and also have the onan generator installed. my main concern is not being clear on the cables connected to the battery disconnect as well as the several independent fuses the battery disconnect has two larger wires which are from battery and goes to the surrounding fuses, but there is a smaller wire that believe its the 7pin charging wire but not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 4

Shelly S

new member to the group but have owned a 340RL for couple of years. i am interested in the gen bay DC electrical wiring diagram as plan to do an electrical upgrade as many have done on this thread. my plan is for a 270ah battleborn, a victron lynx smartshut and a victron lynx distributor. i have solar wires but not planning to use and also have the onan generator installed. my main concern is not being clear on the cables connected to the battery disconnect as well as the several independent fuses the battery disconnect has two larger wires which are from battery and goes to the surrounding fuses, but there is a smaller wire that believe its the 7pin charging wire but not sure.
Contact service. They may or may not be able to help. I have requested schematics before and they will not send them.