• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slides while hooked up

John G

I have a 2023 Paradigm 295MK and was wondering if anybody has opened their slides while still hooked up to there truck. I sit a little nose high. I have been told that the trailer needs to be almost level to open the slides. I have been unhooking and leveling just for an overnight stay while traveling and it would be nice if this wasn't necessary.

Gord&Cindy

We have a 2022 295MK and often open the slides while still hooked up to the truck.
However, our trailer sits pretty level when on the truck, so it may not be the same as yours and I often lower the front landing gear to stabilize the trailer a bit.

Having said that, we have opened the slides when the trailer is not exactly level (sometimes quite a bit off level). I try to avoid that, but so far we have not had a problem. I'm sure it's best to have the trailer level, but I'm not sure what 'close enough' would be, and I'm not sure what kind of problems you might have if you were off level more than this magic number. I imagine if you opened the slides several times when you were really off level, you could cause the slide to become misaligned or even jam (especially the bedroom slide), but that's just a guess on my part.

Sorry I can't be more clear, just letting you know what works for us.

Well, I have to go now and realign the slides on our trailer (just kidding) LOL

Regards,
Gord

Geo

I would not operate slides if not level.
If you're only slightly nose high you *may* be able to manually level using the rear jacks. Just don't get crazy with it and watch the pin box.