• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Shower surround wall panel - gap near shower pan

Talon932

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but….. we bought a 310rls paradigm last fall and it is in getting some repairs before the one year warranty expires. One of the things I asked the dealer to look at was our shower surround. It was not sealed at the bottom and had a wave in it where your could tell it wasn’t actually bonded to the wall.
The dealership called me today and said that Alliance’s fix for this was to drill holes in the surround and secure with rivets…
This doesn’t seem right to me. We bought this trailer based on all the good reviews and commitments this brand has promised.

Is this a normal repair procedure?
Is it normal that the shower surround flexes and there is no sealant at the bottom where it drains into the pan?

Mike in North Wales

We have a similar issue. Talking with Alliance I learned that there is a 2" lip that projects upward behind the surround. This should prevent water from migrating upward. They do not seal the bottom, I assume because everything flexes a bit and it would just open the seal. The surround is held in place with 2 sided tape. I think that flexing breaks the hold the tape has on the panels, allowing the bulge.

Ours is buckled all the way to the top, indicating too much material between the bends in the corners. The initial repair approved by Alliance to our dealer was plastic rivets, as you were told. I did not accept that answer. I even told them I didn't buy and Alliance to make it look like my old Jayco.

Since that discussion, an issue popped up that we elected to take the coach back to Alliance for repair. They are going to address the shower while there. There will be no rivets.

Call Alliance service directly about the problem. Be courteous but firm. Especially courteous. They really will work with you to solve your problems.

Talon932

Thank you for the info. I will reach out to them but we are in northern British Columbia and the closest dealer is 3hrs away. Not sure what alliance can and will do for us.