• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Sewer smell

Fishfnatic

lately have had sewer smell in camper when max air vents on in both bathroom and kitchen. I can’t smell anything in bathroom or return vent under steps but smell coming from somewhere. Puzzled as I keep tank clean. I did find yesterday mushroom cap on roof only held on with one leg and fixed it . It seemed to help until using both fans.

Bozo

lately have had sewer smell in camper when max air vents on in both bathroom and kitchen. I can’t smell anything in bathroom or return vent under steps but smell coming from somewhere. Puzzled as I keep tank clean. I did find yesterday mushroom cap on roof only held on with one leg and fixed it . It seemed to help until using both fans.
Make sure you check all drains for debri, hair, etc. You‘d be surprised at the slime that forms in drains.

Fishfnatic

I smelled drains and under sink around commode. The smell only seems to be in hallway when you walk in. It did not smell earlier today. Only when I turned on vents from eating crab brought smell back. Tank only “ 1/3 full” according to gauge. Wife smelled it at previous campsite when dumped black tank and back flushed. Smelled off and on since. We are in open and pretty strong wind. Thinking about putting better vent on.

Turfengineer

There was a recall on my Avenue 32rls because the sewer vent would become disconnected from the roof vent. This was inside the roof cavity, so you can’t see it, but the symptoms were similar to what you describe.

DanNJanice

There was a recall on my Avenue 32rls because the sewer vent would become disconnected from the roof vent. This was inside the roof cavity, so you can’t see it, but the symptoms were similar to what you describe.
Do you happen to know/have a copy of the recall? I have a 2022 32RLS (still under warranty) and have never seen this recall.

Turfengineer

Do you happen to know/have a copy of the recall? I have a 2022 32RLS (still under warranty) and have never seen this recall.
I only found out about it during my factory warranty visit a few weeks ago. I think they called it a recall, but maybe they meant a bulletin. I’ll see what I can find.

Fishfnatic

Think I am narrowing it down. Seems to happen after and during dumping tanks. I dumped my grey tanks this morning and smelled it. Is it venting somewhere it shouldn’t as we have had 2 other campers and never had this happen?

whyamihere

Under the bathroom sink inline with the plumbing, it’ll have fittings on both ends for ease of removal. But you might be having a different problem than I did if you’re smelling it while dumping. Mine was constant in only the bathroom and hallway.