• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Replacing insignia microwave

Fishfnatic

Well-known member
Has anybody replaced their insignia microwave in paradigm? Our door broke during travel today on the smooth interstate highways through Maryland. Opened camper door to find door laying on sink and ding in stove top. Tried to get door back on pins but no luck. I don’t think new door would help. Which microwave did you replace with? Thanks
 

jagibson58

Well-known member
Not the door but a plastic trim piece fell off (vent) when opening the door. It was cracked and melted. Pictures attached. I am submitting a claim to Alliance for our 2024 Paradigm 310RL.Yes, ours is an Insignia Greystone.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1019.jpeg
    IMG_1019.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1

Fishfnatic

Well-known member
We have a piece of the black vent frame that has been cracked for a long time. I think the door comes open and closes going down road so you do not know if has been opening as closed when you get to destination. I would recommend anybody with this model microwave tape the door closed before travel. It just has those 2 hooks holding it closed.
 

Socal-Paul

Well-known member
The door in ours has also opened during travel as the glass plate inside was found on the floor fortunately it was not broken, The microwave itself is, I believe, a standard size so you should be able to replace it with the same size any brand. I actually replace one in our old motor home with the one from the stick house and purchased new for the house.
 

RoadJunkie

Well-known member
We were at a rally and one of the swag items was a leatherette-padded pouch for the microwave plate. Hence we never travel with the plate in the microwave.
 

Fishfnatic

Well-known member
We did not have glass plate in when door came off. We had ours come out awhile back when wife forgot to remove and it broke. Chewed up bottom of slide from glass shards underneath slide we could not see when opening. By the time heard it was too late. I was able to get door reattached this morning after calming down slightly overnight but will duct tape next time. 😏
 

jagibson58

Well-known member
I am in the process of filing a claim with Alliance with damaged part. Unsure whether it is safe to continue to use.
 

Fishfnatic

Well-known member
Thanks for the link. It does not look like it will work for this model microwave though as the handle goes completely from top to bottom of microwave leaving no room for latch.
 
Top