• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Replaced Bathroom Mirror with Mirrored Medicine Cabinet

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Our June 2021 build date for our 2022 Paradigm 340RL meant our bathroom came with a very nice, large and back-lit mirror. Nancy wanted a medicine cabinet like we’ve had in all our past coaches. The Queen got her wish today.

I ordered the Kohler unit from Costco.com like another owner used in their Paradigm. Fitment wasn’t perfect. To hit solid structure with screws, I offset the unit to the right a bit. But it still looks great.

I chose to not reuse the LED strip back-lighting - at least for now. We’re taller so I installed the unit at a height that works well for us but at the peril of showing the 2 bottom screw holes from the old mirror mount. Seam tape to the rescue. Real hard to tell there was a hole there 🙂
I trimmed up a few pieces of black 3M Command Tape strips and used those to secure the door closed. There was no locking provision since this unit is designed for a house.

We’ll see how this works out on its first trip out this coming week. Thanks to the person on Facebook (sorry, can’t recall the name) that suggested this unit.

Item: Kohler Medicine Cabinet
Source: Costco.com
Item #: 1600311
Cost: $139.99

IMG_8074.JPG IMG_8073.JPG IMG_8072.JPG IMG_8066.jpg IMG_8065.jpg IMG_8064.JPG IMG_8063.JPG IMG_8062.JPG IMG_8061.JPG

Thanks for the link; there are lots of fabric choices. Also, we want to welcome you and Nancy to the FamAlly! We sure are glad you introduced us to the Alliance brand last year! We’re headed to the Nashville rally. 🤠

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks for the link; there are lots of fabric choices. Also, we want to welcome you and Nancy to the FamAlly! We sure are glad you introduced us to the Alliance brand last year! We’re headed to the Nashville rally. 🤠
Have fun in Nashville. Say hi to John and Melinda for me - known them for years.

jarmuszd

Hey Jim I was inspired by your post! I ordered the medicine cabinet and love the backlighting, so I popped out the old mirror and cut down the trim to frame the new medicine cabinet. Now I just need to order the tape to cover the e old holes!

Attachments

• 20211018_155300.jpg
    20211018_155300.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20211018_174116.jpg
    20211018_174116.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 45

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hey Jim I was inspired by your post! I ordered the medicine cabinet and love the backlighting, so I popped out the old mirror and cut down the trim to frame the new medicine cabinet. Now I just need to order the tape to cover the e old holes!
Great work Doug! I am repurposing the LED strip to add more light to the master closet. I'll also add a switch in the closet for the strip and the 2 other lights in there now. A future mod!

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Thanks a Pant-Load Jim, my bride just saw this so now I have a new project on my Round-Tuit. We have been talking about doing this but have not done it yet. I think it just moved up on my priority list.

G Bennett

We like this idea! I was wondering, is this in a 310RL? If so, does the linen closet door hit the vanity when opened?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks a Pant-Load Jim, my bride just saw this so now I have a new project on my Round-Tuit. We have been talking about doing this but have not done it yet. I think it just moved up on my priority list.

I’ll take the blame but we spin each other’s propellers around here. Later you’ll be giving me ideas on projects :)

Have fun with this one.