• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Rekeying toyhauler rear ramp door lock - anyone done this?

castore357

Are there any videos on removing/replacing the garage door key assembly? Changing all locks. Would like to have less keys.

I wouldn't mind the info too please. Just picked up a '22 42V13 yesterday and I know the dang thing worked at the stealership. Now the key just turns and doesn't do a thing. I'll need to get in there anyway. TY in advance!

Focker

I wouldn't mind the info too please. Just picked up a '22 42V13 yesterday and I know the dang thing worked at the stealership. Now the key just turns and doesn't do a thing. I'll need to get in there anyway. TY in advance!
If your key turns and nothing happens you either have a fuse / electric issue or the release hooks on top of the door have an issue. I would work on that problem before taking on the lock change. Have you opened the ramp door with the release pull on the top interior to start a diagnosis?

If your key turns and nothing happens you either have a fuse / electric issue or the release hooks on top of the door have an issue. I would work on that problem before taking on the lock change. Have you opened the ramp door with the release pull on the top interior to start a diagnosis?
UGH!! 🤪 it wasn't explained to me that it was electric-driven... I had everything off, and yes I did open the ramp from the release pull in the garage. When the dealer did it the battery was on. Problem likely solved when I go back out to see it!! Thank you!!