• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Recommended exterior caulk

KnotLost

I have a 2022 310RL that needs to have some of the caulk on the black trim redone. Does anyone know what Is being used and where to purchase it?
Thx

Whitewolf

I contacted Alliance by email about using this sealant for the same areas as you. They said it would work fine. I've use it before on a previous RV without any problems. You can get it in at Ace Hardware. It also comes in a smaller squeeze tube.

Allioop

Thanks I have a 310 and it looks like Alliance uses pure silicone. I can see it peeling off as I drive down the highway.

Shelly S

That's what prompted me to contact them.
I had the same issue. It all came off the front cap when I drove from dealer to home. Any idea what the black sealant is the use around the awning?feels like it is 100% silicone but I don’t know for sure. I was going to reach out and ask them.

Shelly S

I have used this on other outdoor projects that required black. Don’t know if it would be a good choice for the water proofing around awning screws or not. DCC53915-99DA-4C8B-8C6A-0A3D84244257.jpeg

On clear areas it appears to be silicone. Can silicone be used to touch up areas that have come out?

Last edited: