• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Reading the regulator

Keysandstops

That propane regulator I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly. It's been on one tank since we bought the rig in mid-March. I see a little red on the side of the window. What is it supposed to look like when one tank is empty? I've moved the black switch back and forth, but the indicator does not change. IMG_20230428_100714.jpg

Richard
Paradigm 340RL

kmac7800

One way is to turn off one tank. Disconnect that tank (to depressurize the line). Now switch the black switch. If the red thing shows up, that is the side that is disconnected, or when in camping mode the tank would be empty. OR I could have that backwards ;-) (ie the red is there when the tank is full). Perhaps someone can come along and correct me if I am wrong.

It is supposed to help you "see" if you have an empty tank. I am saying "tank" instead of "tanks" because I like to camp with 1 tank "off" so when I do run out, it is one side only and I can go get it filled while still having propane.

Good luck!

//KMac

Keysandstops

One way is to turn off one tank. Disconnect that tank (to depressurize the line). Now switch the black switch. If the red thing shows up, that is the side that is disconnected, or when in camping mode the tank would be empty. OR I could have that backwards ;-) (ie the red is there when the tank is full). Perhaps someone can come along and correct me if I am wrong.

It is supposed to help you "see" if you have an empty tank. I am saying "tank" instead of "tanks" because I like to camp with 1 tank "off" so when I do run out, it is one side only and I can go get it filled while still having propane.

Good luck!

//KMac
Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Terri&KevinGates

I have noticed with ours there is angled red line but the window turn’s completely red when the tank is empty. I leave both tanks open. The regulator will pull from one cylinder and auto switch to the other one when it empty’s.

DanNJanice

I too have been somewhat confused by the instructions for this thing.
If I understand correctly.
When both tanks are full, you just pick one tank and "point" the knob to that tank.
Then when that tank is empty, it switches over by itself.
Then you turn the knob to "point" to the second tank.
After doing that, it sounds like you can remove the empty tank and take it in to be filled.

Terri&KevinGates

I too have been somewhat confused by the instructions for this thing.
If I understand correctly.
When both tanks are full, you just pick one tank and "point" the knob to that tank.
Then when that tank is empty, it switches over by itself.
Then you turn the knob to "point" to the second tank.
After doing that, it sounds like you can remove the empty tank and take it in to be filled.
That is correct. Keep the valves on both cylinders open. Whichever one the lever is pointed to is the primary and the one it is pulling from. When that one empties it will start pulling from the other one and the window will be completely red. Flip the lever over and you can take the empty one to get filled.