• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Re-level 390MP

Hello. I have an Alliance Paradigm 390MP with a Lippert leveling system on it. I have the RV up on our land and do not have a truck to hitch it to. It was delivered and leveled several months ago but the wheels on one side are off the ground and since then it has gradually come out of level due to moisture on the ground from winter storms and rain and the legs settling deeper into the ground. My question is can I re-level without having a truck to hitch to and if so what is the best process/procedure to do it with the Lippert?

dparsons

We are full-time, and for the winter, we stay in one place through the winter. The ground cover our trailer is on is gravel, so we have to re-level every few weeks due to settling in the gravel. When I do re-level, I clear anything that might get in the way from under the trailer. Then I put the steps up because you will damage them if you leave them down and go through re-level. Then, I go through the procedure for hitching up to the truck. This will raise the rear jacks, and raise the front of the trailer. Then I execute auto-level. If you take a shortcut, and go directly to auto-level, you will likely find that it raises your trailer further. When you auto-level, it will first dip the front of the trailer to below level, then it will level from front to back. Then it will lower the rear jacks. Then it will level side to side. You should not have wheels that are hanging. If wheels are off the ground, put some sort of blocks under the wheels to take up that extra space. Also note that the tires will loose air as time goes by, even though they are not moving. As they loose air, you will find that you will loose some stability in your trailer as it sits between re-levels. I would suggest keeping up with your tire pressures, and periodically add air as needed.

Hi Don. Thanks for replying. OK so that looks like its a pretty simple process. With my Lippert that would be basically turning it on and pressing the left and right buttons at the same time to retract the rear 4 jacks which as you say will then lift the front of the trailer. At this time then I should be able to reposition/reset my blocks and then auto-level?

dparsons

No.Turn it on. Then execute Auto Hitch. That will first bring up the rear jacks. Then it will lift the front to the height that you last un-hitched at. Once it is done adjusting the jacks, then you can do Auto Level. Now, if you want to do it manually, there is a button for Rear, and you use that to collectively raise the rear jack (left & right).

This is why I said to press the left and right buttons at the same time. This image is my Lippert leveling system instructions on the RV:
IMG-0975.jpg

Regardless I think both ways will work? Now this will also allow me to change the blocks I might have on the back or side to the "snap ons" that I want to put on but I can't do that for the front as they will still be engaged. Any suggestions?

Whitewolf

You'll need to hook up to a truck before you can add the Snap Pads to the front. In my opinion, that's the safest way.

Schuetznc

We are full-time, and for the winter, we stay in one place through the winter. The ground cover our trailer is on is gravel, so we have to re-level every few weeks due to settling in the gravel. When I do re-level, I clear anything that might get in the way from under the trailer. Then I put the steps up because you will damage them if you leave them down and go through re-level. Then, I go through the procedure for hitching up to the truck. This will raise the rear jacks, and raise the front of the trailer. Then I execute auto-level. If you take a shortcut, and go directly to auto-level, you will likely find that it raises your trailer further. When you auto-level, it will first dip the front of the trailer to below level, then it will level from front to back. Then it will lower the rear jacks. Then it will level side to side. You should not have wheels that are hanging. If wheels are off the ground, put some sort of blocks under the wheels to take up that extra space. Also note that the tires will loose air as time goes by, even though they are not moving. As they loose air, you will find that you will loose some stability in your trailer as it sits between re-levels. I would suggest keeping up with your tire pressures, and periodically add air as needed.
Do you bring in the slides before you re-auto level?

Last edited:

John R

I usually always auto level before I put out any slides. Not sure if that is right or wrong but has been working for me for years

darrell

I always did (do on SOB) for auto level. If I am manually adjusting the level for some reason - think small adjustments, I leave them out.