• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Possible fire problem

jagibson58

Well-known member
On our 2024 Paradigm 310RL there is a plastic vent right above the convection micro door. Went to use it today and it fell off. It was cracked and showed signs of melting.
The manual says we are suppose to clean it to prevent a grease fire. News to me.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Also suppose to change the charcoal filter once a year and clean the grease filters below the unit.
First micro requiring extensive maintenance.
 

RockDr896

Prominent Member
Glad I cook outdoors!! Makes sense though. I have to do the same at my house ovens exhaust hood. I am betting you could wash them in your dishwasher at home or soak them in hot water and dawn soap?
 

M and E

Elite Member
Glad I cook outdoors!! Makes sense though. I have to do the same at my house ovens exhaust hood. I am betting you could wash them in your dishwasher at home or soak them in hot water and dawn soap?
Dawn, yes. Dishwasher, negative...unless you run it without detergent. It will react, corrode, and begin breaking down with dishwasher detergent.
 

M and E

Elite Member
On our 2024 Paradigm 310RL there is a plastic vent right above the convection micro door. Went to use it today and it fell off. It was cracked and showed signs of melting.
The manual says we are suppose to clean it to prevent a grease fire. News to me.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Also suppose to change the charcoal filter once a year and clean the grease filters below the unit.
First micro requiring extensive maintenance.
I know nothing about the plastic vent. But every above range venting microwave/convection oven requires maintenance.
 

jagibson58

Well-known member
I have filed a claim with Alliance with this broken and melted part. Not sure whether it is safe to use. Apparently, other RV owners have had other problems with this particular unit, ie door falling off during travel.
 

jagibson58

Well-known member
Customer service recommended either contact Lippert for follow up or replacing the micro oven. They said they have never heard of my problem. For now we will only use the micro part and not the convection Part. Have to wait and see.
The part that melted is available but by two week back order from parts.
 

M and E

Elite Member
Customer service recommended either contact Lippert for follow up or replacing the micro oven. They said they have never heard of my problem. For now we will only use the micro part and not the convection Part. Have to wait and see.
The part that melted is available but by two week back order from parts.
Holy smokes, is lippert suggesting to just replace the part? The condition causing the melting in the first place is not going to fix itself unless the part itself was defective. Has anyone checked to ensure the ducting was switched to exhaust rearward?
 
Top