• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Play LG WebOS TV audio through Jensen HDMI stereo?

Loanshark

Have a 310RL with LG Smart TV and a Non-CD Jensen HDMI AM/FM stereo underneath. In every other rig that I've had I could send the audio from the TV through the Jensen stereo, either inside or outside. I've tried every setting for speakers on the TV as well as Jensen system and they don't seem to be connected. I check wiring diagrams (not the actual wires) and the Jensen only has an HDMI Out on the back of it and an HDMI In on the front. The LG TV has lots of HDMI ports on back, but all say HDMI IN and none have anything connected to them?

Has anyone had any success in getting the TV to play through the stereo? If so, is there (or should there be) a connection through the back of the Jensen to do this? I don't want wires hanging down from TV plugging into the front of the Jensen.

rgeyer

Don't know if this will help. We have the 32RLS and I had to rewire the speaker wires and add an RCA cable to get TV to play through speakers.

DarrenB

On most LG TVs, the HDMI 1 port is an HDMI/ARC port. ARC Stands for Audio Return Channel. Not sure which Jensen your coach has, but from what I have read, the HDMI port on the back of the unit is an ARC port as well. Connecting the TV's HDMI 1 to the HDMI port on the back of the stereo should give you TV sound through the stereo.