• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Plastic door "flipper" ???

DanNJanice

Anyone know what the purpose of this plastic "flipper" is on the left door of my RM1350 refrigerator? Is it just to seal the door or does it serve some other purpose? Whatever it does, it seems like it is kind of overdesigned and prone to breaking.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 131945.png

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
it provides the seal between the two doors, when they are closed. Just about every French door frig uses that method.

kmac7800

Make sure when you open the left door, that flapper is FULLY out (towards the front), otherwise you will experience poor cooling in the fridge part. Just use your hand to pull it forward. It took me 2 years to "accidentally" trip over a video while troubleshooting my fridge issues, showing exactly what to do.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac

DanNJanice

Make sure when you open the left door, that flapper is FULLY out (towards the front), otherwise you will experience poor cooling in the fridge part. Just use your hand to pull it forward. It took me 2 years to "accidentally" trip over a video while troubleshooting my fridge issues, showing exactly what to do.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
Thanks KMac

kmac7800

I just re-read what I wrote, and what I meant was: "Make sure when you open the left door, that the flapper is fully out when the left door is closed so the right door can seal against it". Sorry if I was confusing anyone.

//KMac

LuckyDog23

I have a Whirlpool in my house and occasionally that skinny door doesn’t go back correctly. It happens if I open the left side by itself more than if I open the right by itself. My left door has rarely used items vs the right door where my milk and every day condiments live. I also have a 27” wide “pantry” drawer and have to open both. I’ve learned to put the left back first. My fridge seems to drip condensate onto the top of the freezer drawer which I’ve attributed to that funky design. I’ve had my French door in my kitchen for about a year and I love it. Also a side by side in the garage fondly referred to as the beer and ice cream fridge. I’m not sure which 12v I’ll end up with when I order my trailer in the fall, but I’d prefer the French door because wider stuff fits better.