• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Pepwave cat 18 and Netgear Access Point Install

Hotrodjohn

I installed a pepwave router on the bathroom wall next to the medicine cabinet (Paradigm 340RL). I didnt really want to look at it. I installed the 7 wire poynting antenna on the roof over one of the hallway can lights for easy access. All the wires are run in the ceiling for a clean install. I added a Netgear acess point as the foil in the roof insulation caused a weak wifi signal in the coach. Its nice to have the wifi on the roof because the pepwave can use campground wifi as a supplement to your cellular service in the router. I am using T Mobile and Verizon in the router and I am getting downloads of 150 at home :). We will see on the road how good it is. I had to cut some of the ceiling for the install so I made a two piece trim ring to cover that. I used .250" white corian and .480' brown for the rabbeted ring around the white. I used haircell abs to make a mitre folded cover in the bathroom for the router. I added a heat sink to the router and left the top and bottom of the cover open for cooliing. Hope this helps for anyone wanting to do this.

Attachments

• IMG-0413.jpg
    IMG-0413.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-0394.jpg
    IMG-0394.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-0414.jpg
    IMG-0414.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 30

IntheDash2021

That’s very smooth. I am working mine out as well, 2023 385FL. Trying to see the best place to mount the parsec on the roof with all its tentacles reaching through. Looks kind of like war of the worlds machines. There is a white Winegard cap on the inside for some sore of wire access but haven’t found the documentation for it yet. Pretty ugly hole about the size of your pinky finger. Did feel a wire but it’s white and green pair. Smoke detector right by it. So not sure. Your way is looking like my best route forward. Thanks for sharing the pics. image.jpg

Grassjohn

The Winegard cap should be under your Winegard 360 roof antenna, and there should be some wires for hooking up a Winegard router on the interior ceiling. The roof part includes WiFi and cellular hot spot antennas. You can get details from the Winegard site.

Inside your fuse panel, you’ll find a description of the trailer wiring colors; I believe white and green wires are lighting circuits.