• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Outside Power Cable Plug Loosens Up

bhidalgo

Having an issue with the outside 50-amp power cable plug, left-side, loosening up.
I took plug off two trips ago and found holes were stripped out. Replaced with slightly larger screws but now same thing is happening again.

Suggestions to get this dang thing to stay put and stop loosening up?
BTW, looks like it's loosened up again.

I am not putting undue pressure on the plug from the power cord.
I can get a 90* dogbone to help with relieving pressure off the connector, but that will not fix current issue.

Getting frustrated.

Headed to Key West - NAS Key West Sigsbee Campground in 3 weeks for July 4th week and would like a sealed connector before we get there.
All that salt air ain't gonna be a good thing if we have gaps around electric plug.
Spent enough time in the Navy to know Salt Air and electric do not mix.

Thanks...Bill

Mike in North Wales

On my last rig I had the same problem. My fix was through-bolting the connector to the wall using long stainless steel machine screws, washers, lock washers, and nuts inside. Can you get to the back side of the plug to do this?

bhidalgo

Mike, thanks. Yes, I can get access to backside of the plug - after I empty out my basement. Will give the bolts a try this weekend. I have to go and take a look at an issue with my kitchen slide (totally different post) so I’ll be out at the rig at least a full day this weekend.
Thanks again - Bill