• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Ordering Factory Installed System

LuckyDog23

Has anyone bought a factory installed solar plus system along with a generator?

Last edited:

Guests on the Move

We have the first Valor 40v13 to leave the factory with the Solar plus and a generator. We rpicked it up in February 2021 and have been totally happy with it. In the past several months I have added a second 60 amp charge controller , 3 more batteries and 2 more 320 watt panels.

Last edited:

Bozo

We have the first Valor 40v13 to leave the factory with the Solar plus and a generator. We rpicked it up in February 2021 and have been totally happy with it. In the past several months I have added a second 60 amp charge controller , 3 more batteries and 2 more 320 watt panels.
May I ask, how did you go about the upgrades to your solar? My unit is a 2panel system factory installed. Thank you.

Bozo

Also, what would be the average cost differential between the standard 2 panel setup and the solar plus package from the factory?

LuckyDog23

I see that this is indeed correct. The online brochure for Valor lists an Off Grid Pack standard.
OTG - OFF THE GRID PACK

• Bullet
    17 Cu Ft 12 Volt Refrigerator
  • Bullet
    2- 320 Watt Solar Panels
  • Bullet
    40 Amp Charge Controller
  • Bullet
    100 Amp Hour Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery
  • Bullet
    Battery Monitor System
  • Bullet
    Generator Prep.
No such package available on Paradigm. It only has the Solar Plus system. Not fair!

Bozo

Can you tell us how much your upcharge was for the solar plus over the standard package? Close as I can figure, it should only be a $2500-$3000 difference at retail.

LuckyDog23

My husband decided that we will not be having solar installed by dealership mechanics / technicians because as he put it they are jacks of many trades and masters of none. Solar companies do one thing, solar. Unlike dealerships that sell dozens of brands. There’s no way they can be proficient at this in my hubby’s opinion. We plan to go to Rich Solar and get it done there. Before that trip, we will use the single panel and bring our battery. Won’t have inverter until later.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My husband decided that we will not be having solar installed by dealership mechanics / technicians because as he put it they are jacks of many trades and masters of none. Solar companies do one thing, solar. Unlike dealerships that sell dozens of brands. There’s no way they can be proficient at this in my hubby’s opinion. We plan to go to Rich Solar and get it done there. Before that trip, we will use the single panel and bring our battery. Won’t have inverter until later.
There's an Alliance product owner that's a professional solar installer. His name is Linc Spangler. If you're curious, I can shoot you his info. We (Alliance) don't endorse anyone but I just wanted you to know the a lot of our owners have used Linc for their pro installs.