• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New (unsold) 2022 295MK on dealers lot

Stever60

I am considering this 5th wheel and have been researching some of the known Alliance problems from earlier years. I want to review all the issues I can find. Anyone owning earlier 295MK's - information/advice appreciated.

Gord&Cindy

We have a 2022 295MK that we bought about a year ago (spring 2023) and we are generally happy with it. That's not to say we haven't had issues, but we have found Alliance has approved all the work needed to correct the problems. We took it on a cross-country trip last year and it stood up well, no problems. I could go through the list of problems we've had and likes/dislikes, but it would probably be similar to any RV built these days. Let's just say the overall quality of all RVs does not really impress me.
I'm not sure what else to say. If you have specific questions or would like me to go into more detail, please let me know.

Stever60

Thank you for the comments. The only thing I could specifically ask was your trailer one with the recall on the water tank coming off the camper, and if so was that problematic to have corrected?

Thanks again.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Man..I'd have to get a SCREAMING good deal to consider buying a rig that has not sold for 2 years. I would guess something is wrong, that other potential buyers have found, and then walked away. I might even have them include a 3-4 year warranty, even though after market warranties are VERY hard to get work approval and expensed paid...IMHO of course.

Gord&Cindy

Thank you for the comments. The only thing I could specifically ask was your trailer one with the recall on the water tank coming off the camper, and if so was that problematic to have corrected?

Thanks again.
Yes, our trailer was involved in the water tank recall. As a mater of fact, we just picked it up from the dealer's service department after they performed the recall. In our case, they inspected our trailer and found that the water tank was installed correctly and no fix was required. The service writer I spoke to said they had another 295 in now and it needed the recall work done. I guess it was just a 'luck of the draw' thing with ours.
We had one other recall performed before this one. It involved something about the wiring from the solar panels and connectors on those wires.
As I said before, we never had any trouble getting Alliance to approve warranty repairs.
Hope that helps.

Stever60

Man..I'd have to get a SCREAMING good deal to consider buying a rig that has not sold for 2 years. I would guess something is wrong, that other potential buyers have found, and then walked away. I might even have them include a 3-4 year warranty, even though after market warranties are VERY hard to get work approval and expensed paid...IMHO of course.
It has recalls and the dealer has not corrected - not sure why. No one that is educated on the problems is going to purchase until the corrections are made. I am/was just trying to understand how the repairs are after the corrections. To my best knowledge they are pretty good. My wife doesn’t like that floor plan so on to the next search. I believe the current price is about 50k off MSRP and still subject to further negotiation.