• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Nautilus panel fitting size and type?

Gord&Cindy

Does anyone know the fitting size and type for the connects on the back of the Nautilus panel? Perhaps 1/2" NPT ?

I'm thinking of adding a water filter and would like to plumb it in to the two connections suggested by the manufacturer, so all water goes through the filter as it enters the city water connection. I would like to use stainless steel braided hose (the kind you use to install faucets in a house) to connect the filter to the panel, but I'm not sure what size fitting the Nautilus panel has.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't have a great image, but here is the best I have (blown up...so not the best quality). Appears they are all PEX.
1711131334026.png

RockDr896

This is what I have on my 370FB. I was wondering where to source fittings, if I ever had a problem. I was also going to add an extra line and separate the black tank flush lines. I would love to have the easy answer if someone already knows. Otherwise I will get into it in due time. Has anyone tackled a repair on this configuration? I am guessing NPT since PEX is making a fitting that connects to it.

Attachments

• 1711143611363.png
    1711143611363.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 7

Gord&Cindy

Thanks everyone for the replies.
So if the fitting that BryanValRox used is a 1/2" NPT, then perhaps all 1/2" NPT will work?
As I said before, I'd like to use some braided hose to go from the Nautilus panel to the new water filters.
Now I need to find a hose with a 1/2" NPT on one end and a 3/4" NPT on the other, (or a reducer from 3/4" to 1/2"), not sure on the length yet, but it's encouraging to discover that it just might work! Plumbing is such a fun adventure. LOL

RockDr896

So going down this rabbit hole, I found some are just eliminating the Nautilus piping altogether. Those that are, are experiencing leaks of course. I only have 1 year under my belt with a 5th wheel, so is any of you veterans ever have an issue with the Nautilus specialty fittings?
Here is what one guy did, using 1/2" pex pipe and 1/2" PEX swivel adapters (picture attached). The idea is to get away from the plastic fittings and replace with brass. Also, make the parts be something you can easily get at a hardware store.

Link to Female swivel adapters -- https://apolloflow.com/apollo-pex-female-adapters/

Link to wedge seals to carry in case of leaks -- https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IRUKIO8...colid=1HEWL8PEATMCM&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Attachments

• 1711199666648.png
    1711199666648.png
    942.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RockDr896

Maybe this could go to a better location, but BandB moulding is who makes the Nautilus panels. They will sell you the specialty manifolds and other items by the part, or the entire panel. I think buying the panel is cheaper, if you want to have every possible leak scenario covered and reduce it to a parts bin. It takes up to 1 week to get one. They are $279.00 vs $379 on Amazon. This is based on the P4 panel I have on my rig. Now I just need to decide if I can eliminate the specialty fittings and make the panel more common.

Website

RockDr896

Thanks everyone for the replies.
So if the fitting that BryanValRox used is a 1/2" NPT, then perhaps all 1/2" NPT will work?
As I said before, I'd like to use some braided hose to go from the Nautilus panel to the new water filters.
Now I need to find a hose with a 1/2" NPT on one end and a 3/4" NPT on the other, (or a reducer from 3/4" to 1/2"), not sure on the length yet, but it's encouraging to discover that it just might work! Plumbing is such a fun adventure. LOL
Here is what you need. Pick which panel you have and download the Installation manual. It is surprisingly detailed and addresses where to add the filer system. The manuals spell out the pipe lengths and fitting sizes to be used along with part numbers.

CornCrib

I accomplished the same thing in a bit more simple of a method. Everything entering (city or tank fill) runs through the filter and water softener first. This also allows for easy removal of both for maintenance and winter.
BB707F90-7CF3-4EE5-86B5-16502FB80E24_1_105_c.jpeg8DD5194F-E44D-43AD-8C90-7C476BFDF5C8_1_102_a.jpeg58215993-5838-4F35-9EA5-00AE89AFEF3E_1_105_c.jpeg

exps01

I accomplished the same thing in a bit more simple of a method. Everything entering (city or tank fill) runs through the filter and water softener first. This also allows for easy removal of both for maintenance and winter.
View attachment 1871View attachment 1872View attachment 1873
I was looking at something like this down the road. Do you leave it connected to the Nautilus panel all the time or do you disconnect the hose from the WS to the panel when you're not hooked up and camping?

I have used Sharkbite fittings on both copper and pex without problems. They are supper easy to use as they just slip on plus you can go from pex to npt without clamps or tools.

CornCrib

I was looking at something like this down the road. Do you leave it connected to the Nautilus panel all the time or do you disconnect the hose from the WS to the panel when you're not hooked up and camping?
When not below freezing, I leave it connected all the time. When winterizing (we move from Indiana to FL and back in the winter), we just disconnect the hoses and bring the filter and WS inside to protect from freezing. We then refresh the WS at home, and replace the filters before reinstalling. During the warm months, we leave it alone.
The only downside is the WS and filter is behind the basement wall which must be removed to access them. The upside is: the WS and filter are behind the basement wall and takes up no storage space, and requires no setup or breakdown when we arrive and depart.