• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Multiplus upgrade using oem Busbar wiring.

TJJ

Hi all,I’m confused about how to power my lynx distributor (fancy victron busbar)with the oem factory wiring.I had two positive connections on the stock battery and one neg going directly to the frame ground.I know I’m overthinking this but I can’t get my head around this.What is the separate circuit breaker under the busbar pictured?

Attachments

• IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 18

Focker

What you do is run your positive wire from the battery to the Lynx and then run a positive back to that factory positive wiring. I ran a positive from the Lynx to a BluSea busbar to power the positive items that previously came off the battery. The one exception was the generator, I left that positive connected directly to the battery.

IMG_3775-X2.jpg

IMG_3747-XL.jpg

And yes I put a cover on the positive by the switch for safety when I was done:
IMG_3931-L.jpg

TJJ

Thanks for that Focker.If I unhook the 6 gauge from the circuit breaker shown everything works as it should.If my thinking is correct is this a converter wire ending in the panel?If so I could disconnect it as the Multiplus will now handle the charging.IMG_1757.jpegIMG_1758.jpeg

Focker

It would be much easier to just turn off the breaker to the converter instead of disconnecting it. Always nice to have the option to use it at the flick of a switch if for some reason it is needed or if you pull your Multi. I think the last AC breaker on the panel is the one that shuts off the converter.

TJJ

Hey,I actually got my install up and running.Thanks for the assistance.The only issue I see or hear is the annoying buzzing from the inverter.Seems like it is stuck in absorption mode.Will see what happens.

Cheers!

Focker

Hey,I actually got my install up and running.Thanks for the assistance.The only issue I see or hear is the annoying buzzing from the inverter.Seems like it is stuck in absorption mode.Will see what happens.

Cheers!
Have you checked your programming for when it enters each mode of the charge cycle? Mine does not buzz (that I know of) so that is odd.