• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

MORryde Safe-T-Rail (30RLS)

MikeLindaTarach

Has anyone installed one on a 2023 30RLS? It comes with 2 options for the top bracket. The small one is too short and won't cover the existing holes when installed and the other is too long because of the awning arm (over the door awning).

CornCrib

I've dry fitted mine (32RLS) and it looks like the short one is gonna fit no problem under the awning arm and cover the lower holes. I'll post when I'm done to show what I've done.

Mike in North Wales

Mine is still in the box in my garage, so I'm just spitballing here- geometrically speaking, would it be possible to cut one of the top brackets to land just below the awning and drill a new hole, if it is going to clash with the awning? Will it still extend properly?

CornCrib

Mine is still in the box in my garage, so I'm just spitballing here- geometrically speaking, would it be possible to cut one of the top brackets to land just below the awning and drill a new hole, if it is going to clash with the awning? Will it still extend properly?
If I'm following you correctly .. then Yes .. you could cut the longer top bracket, as the connection to the rail is at the bottom of that top bracket .. so it ends up at the exact same position as the smaller bracket. Both the short and the long butt up aganst the top of the lower bracket. As far as I can tell, the only reason for the longer bracket to extend the coverage higher to cover any holes that may have been there from the previous install. So, to cut that down, smooth the sharp corner a bit so it doesn't catch on anything, cover the cut with some black paint and drill new mounting hole near the top if needed shouldn't be a problem.

Mike in North Wales

Cool. I was asking for Mike and Linda, since they will have an issue with their awning. Hopefully one of them stops back and reads this.

It looks like the bracket will clear the awning on our 310RL. I just need the time to do it!

srheug

I just installed the Safe-T-Rail on my 310RL. It went quick and simple. The small bracket works fine on the top.

Attachments

• 20230615_185139.jpg
    20230615_185139.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

MikeLindaTarach

I'll have to dry fit it again but there is a difference between the 30 and 32 RLS in regards to bottom of awning and existing handrail. Here's mine.30RLS handrail.png
When I dry fit the rail and the two upper brackets. Top of the green tape is where the rail ends
30RLS handrail 2.png30RLS handrail 3.png

CornCrib

I'll have to dry fit it again but there is a difference between the 30 and 32 RLS in regards to bottom of awning and existing handrail. Here's mine.View attachment 1109
When I dry fit the rail and the two upper brackets. Top of the green tape is where the rail ends
View attachment 1110View attachment 1111
As discussed above, I think the way to go is to cut the long bracket to custom fit what you need to cover the holes and stay below the awning.

It looks like it's gonna cover the lower hole of the bracket, and barely miss covering the upper hole. If you're lucky, you mis-dryfitted it on your pics and can push up the whole thing another inch ... that would cover you.

MikeLindaTarach

As discussed above, I think the way to go is to cut the long bracket to custom fit what you need to cover the holes and stay below the awning.

It looks like it's gonna cover the lower hole of the bracket, and barely miss covering the upper hole. If you're lucky, you mis-dryfitted it on your pics and can push up the whole thing another inch ... that would cover you.
I figured that worst case scenario, I was cutting the bigger bracket.