• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

LP Quick Connect?

Gord&Cindy

We just picked up our 2022 295MK and we're a bit confused about the LP quick connect fitting on the outside of the trailer. There isn't one!
I can see where one should be, I think, but instead, there is a plug in the connection block.
Our salesman, who was very nice, didn't seem to know if there should be one or not.
So the question is, do all Paradigms come with this fitting or is it some sort of option that this trailer just doesn't have?

Gord&Cindy

Ours 23 340RL didn't come with one either because they had a recall. Last week I called Alliance and told them and they shipped me one in a few days at no cost. Thanks Alliance.
Thanks very much for the info. Do you happen to know any more details about this recall?
We're taking the trailer back in for some fixing, ALREADY, and will ask them about the quick connect. If I can quote a recall number or something it might help.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ours 23 340RL didn't come with one either because they had a recall. Last week I called Alliance and told them and they shipped me one in a few days at no cost. Thanks Alliance.
...adding that to the things to check when we pick up our 340RL in May 🤔

castarod

We just picked up our 2022 295MK and we're a bit confused about the LP quick connect fitting on the outside of the trailer. There isn't one!
I can see where one should be, I think, but instead, there is a plug in the connection block.
Our salesman, who was very nice, didn't seem to know if there should be one or not.
So the question is, do all Paradigms come with this fitting or is it some sort of option that this trailer just doesn't have?

My Avenue didn’t come with one either so I bought this on on Amazon which was easy to install. 1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B19NK58R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWKX31

Thanks very much for the info. Do you happen to know any more details about this recall?

We're taking the trailer back in for some fixing, ALREADY, and will ask them about the quick connect. If I can quote a recall number or something it might help.No they told me when I was at the dealer. I think it's was a recall by the supplier.

Likin' Bikin'

Oh, for crying out load. I wish Alliance would be a little more consistent. Our 340 RL had the recall, and i asked them to ship me the part. Its a 15 min fix. But no, had to make a 150mi RT for the stupid thing. :mad:

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Oh, for crying out load. I wish Alliance would be a little more consistent. Our 340 RL had the recall, and i asked them to ship me the part. Its a 15 min fix. But no, had to make a 150mi RT for the stupid thing. :mad:
Who did you talk with at Alliance Customer Service that would not ship you the item? This goes against all of the comments I've read on Alliance Customer Service, who normally go out of their way to help/ship items to make customers happy.

Likin' Bikin'

Yeah, forgot who I spoke to, but was told had to be done in shop since it was a recall. Gotta say, tho', that Alliance has usually been very helpful, very prompt!

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the stubbed off pipe? If possible, the part that Alliance sent as well. TIA! :)

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Jim @Oregon_Camper - you're coach should not require the recall to be done.

As for the recall needing to be done by a dealer, service center, certified tech etc, because it s an official NHSTA recall, there's a process that we must follow for compliance.

Gord&Cindy

Just let everyone know, we received the quick connect fitting from Alliance today. Only took 8 days from the time they said they would send it.
I'm not clear on the reason but Stephanie said something about Allince stopped putting them on the couches because of a problem with the vendor.
All I have to do now is install it, shouldn't be too hard.

Mike in North Wales

Just a guess, but if your coach shipped with one, the work has to be done by a dealer, but if it only had a plug when delivered, the coach technically doesn't have a recall. Maybe that's why they can ship to some but not others?

LuckyDog23

I think I will hang on to my little propane tank for my Weber Q. I bought it ten yrs ago at Ace in person. They still have a similar model online. Ours is bigger around and shorter. We put in on a picnic bench next to the Weber. It’s a reasonably priced alternative if the quick disconnect isn’t available and it also allows more options to where you locate your grill. https://www.acehardware.com/departm...ers/propane-cylinders-and-accessories/8081001