• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lowered Front Jacks on Paradigm 340RL

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Today, Jason Moses and I lowered the front jacks on his and our Paradigm 340RLs by 3 bolt holes. That resulted in the jack feet getting 5.5” closer to the ground and still having 9” of clearance from the bottom of our RV SnapPads to the ground. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks Jason and thanks Marc Tubbs for assisting..

Attachments

• 9D5F4F10-3D13-41B4-BC9A-F3B873306A6D.jpeg
    9D5F4F10-3D13-41B4-BC9A-F3B873306A6D.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 6B938DF9-85E9-4D38-8B07-BAF81A3EB771.jpeg
    6B938DF9-85E9-4D38-8B07-BAF81A3EB771.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 44
  • 26ADAED8-EA1D-4B71-B5D4-F3C817BCD1CF.jpeg
    26ADAED8-EA1D-4B71-B5D4-F3C817BCD1CF.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 44

NickO

Today, Jason Moses and I lowered the front jacks on his and our Paradigm 340RLs by 3 bolt holes. That resulted in the jack feet getting 5.5” closer to the ground and still having 9” of clearance from the bottom of our RV SnapPads to the ground. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks Jason and thanks Marc Tubbs for assisting..
How far will these jacks extend?

Whitewolf

Good to know we can lower these down a bit. Am I correct that you didn't experience and clearance problems while traveling or camping? One more question, kinda the same as Nick's above. With my current 5r, I can extend the landing gears (jacks) and lift the wheels off the ground (one side at a time for safety) to do maintenance on the brakes and bearings, or to change a tire. Will I be able to do the same with the 340?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Good to know we can lower these down a bit. Am I correct that you didn't experience and clearance problems while traveling or camping? One more question, kinda the same as Nick's above. With my current 5r, I can extend the landing gears (jacks) and lift the wheels off the ground (one side at a time for safety) to do maintenance on the brakes and bearings, or to change a tire. Will I be able to do the same with the 340?

Nick and Ron - sorry but I’ve yet to measure the full stroke length of the front jacks.

Nick - I lowered my jacks to the same height as other 5th wheels I’ve had. No clearance issues with them over a huge amount of travel. No clearance issues expected from this lowering.

Whether you can lift your tires off the ground will always be a function of a few things and this includes the pitch of the ground on the lift side. If it pitches downward, more lift is required. Good blocking (not plastic) can be helpful here. That said, anytime you plan to do the work you mention and where you alsowant a tire off the ground, I suggest you connect the RV to your truck first. HD jack stands under the frame are a good idea as well.

Whitewolf

Nick and Ron - sorry but I’ve yet to measure the full stroke length of the front jacks.

Nick - I lowered my jacks to the same height as other 5th wheels I’ve had. No clearance issues with them over a huge amount of travel. No clearance issues expected from this lowering.

Whether you can lift your tires off the ground will always be a function of a few things and this includes the pitch of the ground on the lift side. If it pitches downward, more lift is required. Good blocking (not plastic) can be helpful here. That said, anytime you plan to do the work you mention and where you alsowant a tire off the ground, I suggest you connect the RV to your truck first. HD jack stands under the frame are a good idea as well.
Thanks Jim. There's been a couple of times it's lifted the tires off the ground on one side to get level. If I can, I reset and do a manual level. I do the maintenance work in my driveway, so that's never been a problem. I did have a low tire once that I changed out by raising that side up with the system. Our current 5r has an electric 4 point leveling system. I have plenty of travel to lift the tires off the ground and was wondering if the same was true with the 340.