• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lithium bank install. ethernet comms connections

johnda98

@Jim Beletti Jim, can you ask the Electrical install team if they follow the Renogy guides - so for the solar plus say a 300Amp hr install

Each 100ah is first turned on.. blue switch.. then each of the 3 batts charged 14.6.

then all 3 are shut down.. then connected by ethernet comms ie up linked..

then wired together yep in parallel ! post to post.. with same length.. as they are factory installed.

THEN only 1 of the now connected 3 is turned on.. ie blue button and that turns on ALL 3 of the bank via the comms ethernet cable links RJ45s

THEN the team removes the comms link ethernet cables ? as I see most commissioned coaches do not have those cables left connected when sold.

Is there a reason why they remove the Ethernet comms links from the bank ?
reason being I am upgrading a 1 100aH to a bank of 3. ie adding 2.. and I will follow Renogy's guid and put a ethernet comms between each BMS before turning one on.. which will turn on all 3.

Renogy says not doing this will shut down/short protect the other 2 if only 1 is turned on - with intent to try to turn on each battery in turn separately

Last edited: