• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Liner / Spill Matt for Oven

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
This weekend, I trimmed a large Non-Stick Oven Liner to fit one of the wire racks for the Insignia oven. The purpose or thought is that it may help with any drips or overflows from a dish being baked on a rack above.

I repositioned one rack to the lowest setting and placed the trimmed liner on it, then positioned the other rack at about the mid-point in the oven.

Note that these liners are not made to withstand heat greater than 500F and aren’t supposed to be placed directly on the oven floor. So, will these be effective at all? Will they stay in place? We will find out this coming week as we take our Paradigm on its first voyage.

Item: Yoshi Copper Non-Stick Oven Liner
Source: Bed Bath and Beyond
Trimmed size: 16-1/2” L x 12-3/4” W

304EAD26-31C1-49A6-AC75-3ABA48BA7788.jpeg D661F68E-280D-46DB-BE33-A738D31B47BC.jpeg 58B5955D-AC9C-4598-A896-953EA19A91A9.jpeg

Last edited:

JustDennis

We put a Pizza stone in our last RV oven because it was notorious for heating only from the bottom and the stone helped diffuse the heat Too soon to tell how this Insignia oven fares... Time to go bake some cookies!!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
We put a Pizza stone in our last RV oven because it was notorious for heating only from the bottom and the stone helped diffuse the heat Too soon to tell how this Insignia oven fares... Time to go bake some cookies!!

The first and only think I baked in the oven so far is Grands Cinnamon Rolls. Had a dickens of a time getting the heat correct and still not sure if I got it right. When the rolls were done, they were a bit overdone on the bottom. I scraped a bit of char off them :)

I’ve since picked up a magnetic thermometer from Tractor Supply and stuck it on the side wall of the oven near the door so I can read it. Next time I use the oven, I’ll get a much better sense for the accuracy of the temps on the dial vs the actual temps and adjust from there.

Bellis368

The first and only think I baked in the oven so far is Grands Cinnamon Rolls. Had a dickens of a time getting the heat correct and still not sure if I got it right. When the rolls were done, they were a bit overdone on the bottom. I scraped a bit of char off them :)

I’ve since picked up a magnetic thermometer from Tractor Supply and stuck it on the side wall of the oven near the door so I can read it. Next time I use the oven, I’ll get a much better sense for the accuracy of the temps on the dial vs the actual temps and adjust from there.
Hey Jim, any way you can put a link in here??

Whitewolf

I plan on using probe I use for my grill. I'll run the wire out the door to the monitor that'll set it on the counter. I had a pizza stone but it broke the first time I used it. Guess I wasn't supposed to put it on the bottom. 😄😄 I then started to use one of my wife's air bake cookie sheets under the food. That seemed to help. BTW Jim, I like the way you think for what the first thing was that you baked. 😁

Last edited:

Bellis368

Actually I meant for the thermometer, but since you added for the liner, how about an update if the liners are working? Also does anyone know how/where to get an additional shelf so I still have 2 shelves for cooking?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Actually I meant for the thermometer, but since you added for the liner, how about an update if the liners are working? Also does anyone know how/where to get an additional shelf so I still have 2 shelves for cooking?

Ah - okay, I think this is the one I have.

As for where to buy an additional shelf so you can put the spill mat on one and cook on two more - I'm not sure of that. I found this support phone number in the manual for this oven: 877-467-4289. Also, you may want to try our customer service (574-262-0140) team as they may be able to order a third shelf for you.