• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Less than spectacular experience with Alliance Service so far.

raboud

I purchased my new Paradigm 340 yesterday. Yesterday I called Alliance and asked the service department for a copy of the schematics/drawings for things such as the 12V, 120v, water system, etc. I was told that I needed to send an email to the service department requesting such information along with my VIN number? Really, in this day and age I have to send an email and not do everything on a phone call?

Today, I sent an email (complete with VIN) to Alliance asking for the prints of my RV and I was told that they won't do it because the RV isn't registered to me yet, and that it may take 7-10 business days, perhaps longer to get the RV registered and they won't talk to me until the RV is registered. Doesn't seem to matter that I can show them the bill of sale.

Currently, if I had know Alliance Service was going to be so difficult to deal with in a tiny matter such as asking for prints I'd rethink the entire purchase and go with someone else a little more customer oriented.

As a point of reference, when I purchased my Class A I called the manufacturer and had a copy of all the systems in PDF file format in about 10 minutes. All I needed to do was give them y VIN number to make sure I got the correct prints.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Just because another company was able to provide you something in 10 mins don't mean everyone should. I think you just need to wait a few days for the paperwork to process and then get your documents. I have nothing but excellent experience when working with Alliance customer service...both over email (yes..email not a phone call, they need to track things) and when we were at the National Rally.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@raboud - Thank you for your purchase of a Paradigm and welcome to the Alliance family. Sorry that we couldn't release any coach info to you.

I do understand that some manufacturers publish schematics and such. Here at Alliance, we rarely publish schematics and other engineering drawings. I have see on a case-by-case basis, some information being sent to retail owners. But generally, these things are shared with our dealer base as needed.

Throughout your ownership, should you find the need ahead of performing a self-repair, to have access to specific drawings etc., that's the time to reach out to our team with your specific use case to see what we can do.

raboud

I actually have a need of the prints for self repair - and I just got the 5th wheel delivered two days ago. I have several lights that aren't working correctly. One light that won't turn on and one light system that doesn't turn off. Doing even basic troubleshooting without a set of prints to guide me (or any other user is nearly impossible). I have AC outlets all over the RV and I don't know which of the outlets tie to which breakers - this makes it very difficult to plan any inverter installation.

I'm not looking for cable runs, cable channels or anything like that, I've seen the factory videos and understand that there are no cable channel runs and that the cable paths can vary, I'm just looking for basic schematic diagrams that show me which switch, which appliance, which outlet, which light goes to which circuit. On 120v I 'd like to know which wall socket goes to which GFI circuit etc. I'd like to know the electrical circuit paths the electricity takes from the shore power connection to the circuit breakers, where do I tie in the solar or an inverter to power my AC circuits from my LiFiPo batteries.

I spent 10+ years in the US Submarine service as a nuclear engineer and the last 30+ years in IT and the first thing I grab when I need to troubleshoot a system is to grab a print/schematic drawing so I know what the heck I'm looking at.

For a company that claims that they want to provide the best RV ownership possible, that they listen to the RV owners (I've seen other owners in these forums asking the same questions on how to gain access to the 12v and 120v systems prints) and a company that claims that they want to empower the owner I'm seeing nothing of the sort.

So far, the only thing I've gotten from Alliance is a copy of the plumbing/water/propane/ventilation systems

Don't get me wrong, other than the electrical issues and a few other relatively minor cosmetic issues that I need to fix, we so far love our new 5th wheel. I'm just frustrated that such a basic request can't be fulfilled.

raboud

The lights above the Alliance logo on the cap won't go on.

The LED light in the shelf storage area outside the bath won't go off - there is no visible light switch that controls the light in or near the cabinet and the light isn't controlled on the main control panel.

Mike in North Wales

The switch for the light strip on the front cap of our 2023 310RL is mounted on the outside front wall, near the generator compartment door.

We don't have the shelf that you describe, but lights in the 310 in similar places are on the accent light switch on the main panel. Is it a light, or a lighted panel?

raboud

The light switch on the outside near the generator compartment doesn't turn that light on/off.

Again, we've tried all switches on the main panel and throughout the coach and have not found any switch that will turn off the light inside the cabinet. We've looked inside the cabinet and there is no switch to be found.

Mike in North Wales

Interesting. Makes me think the switch is faulty. Can you jump the wires on the back of the switch?

I am at a loss for the interior light, since we don't have a 340. Someone with a 340 will have to jump in with info.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The light switch on the outside near the generator compartment doesn't turn that light on/off.

Again, we've tried all switches on the main panel and throughout the coach and have not found any switch that will turn off the light inside the cabinet. We've looked inside the cabinet and there is no switch to be found.
On our 340RL, the light in the closet is a push button light on the light itself. There is no switch

I have been emailing them also on a different issue. I was thinking they were not getting my emails because in the beginning they were very responsive. I resent another email from a response I did get, but never received anything back, and that was at least a week ago. My next move is a call in to them.

LuvNLife

We’ve had a few items needing to be addressed. Customer support has been amazing. Anything in SPAM or Junk mail?