• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Inverter wiring and circuit breakers...

DanNJanice

Hi all,
I am not sure which category to post this in, so here goes.
I have a 2022 32RLS with the solar option (320W, Inverter, etc). I was trying to determine which outlet are live when only the inverter is active. I found that the LR television outlet, island GFCI outlet, both bedroom nightstand outlets where active.

I am planning to add the bedroom ceiling outlet to the inverter circuit so we can watch the television occasionally at night (or when napping:).
What I found, to my surprise, is that none of the circuit breakers turn off the outlets that are fed by the inverter! That's right, I can turn off every breaker, including the 50 amp main and the inverted outlets are still fully powered. This will make it extremely difficult to re-route the ceiling outlet as the inverted outlets do not appear to go into the breaker box with the other AC circuits.

Has anyone attempted to trace out the wiring on their inverted outlets?

DanNJanice

It appears that the wiring for the inverted outlets is point-to-point rather than being brought back to the distribution panel. So, it goes directly from the inverter output, through the underbelly/walls to the inverted outlets. It probably goes to one outlet and daisy-chains through the trailer from there. I think I will just run an extension cord from an inverted outlet to the bedroom television, rather than tear everything apart.

RichieW13

Hi all,
I am not sure which category to post this in, so here goes.
I have a 2022 32RLS with the solar option (320W, Inverter, etc). I was trying to determine which outlet are live when only the inverter is active. I found that the LR television outlet, island GFCI outlet, both bedroom nightstand outlets where active.

I am planning to add the bedroom ceiling outlet to the inverter circuit so we can watch the television occasionally at night (or when napping:).
What I found, to my surprise, is that none of the circuit breakers turn off the outlets that are fed by the inverter! That's right, I can turn off every breaker, including the 50 amp main and the inverted outlets are still fully powered. This will make it extremely difficult to re-route the ceiling outlet as the inverted outlets do not appear to go into the breaker box with the other AC circuits.

Has anyone attempted to trace out the wiring on their inverted outlets?
I'm thinking about buying a 32RLS. I just ASSUMED that the bedroom receptacle for the TV would be powered by the inverter. That's very disappointing if it is not.