• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

I need help placing towel racks in 295 mk

Gord&Cindy

Help!!
I need suggestions on where to place the towel ring and bath towel rack in the 295mk.

Thanks

Cindy

LuckyDog23

We actually finally eliminated this model from our list for the bathroom problems. Our current rig has a towel rack (3 horizontal bars) on the inside of the door of the toilet closet. The sink is across the hall with the shower. It has a towel ring. But when you get out of the shower you have to either have previously placed a towel on the sink or walk dripping wet and open the toilet closet door to get one. It’s beyond annoying and frustrating. Adding to that the shower door swings open and drips water on the carpet. I have mentioned we plan to replace this Winnebago class A, and the bathroom is one of the things we dislike intensely. We had an opportunity to actually tour your model in person and I asked the sales person point blank where the towels go - there were no bars, hooks or rings! He said they are in a box. I asked where to put them and he shrugged. So we talked about it and concluded we could get one of those metal over the door hook things for the towels. Not my ideal but the doors can’t be used. There’s that tiny space between shower door and bedroom entry - that could work? I saw this on Amazon. I think if you adjusted it to be the width of the left side glass door it would work. Since you probably enter the shower on the right side you could also put a hook for a towel just outside the door - hang your towel there just before popping in and it would be within easy reach as you are about to step out. I’m actually in my second career as a professional organizer specifically specializing in kitchen and baths and this floor plan really stumped me! Please let me know what you think. I chose this for its weight and versatility, rather than appearance. We do use mDesign a lot in our homes and they are reasonably priced and decently constructed items despite being manufactured in PRC. https://www.amazon.com/mDesign-Expa...k+to+hang+on+shower+door+black,aps,222&sr=8-3

Gord&Cindy

Thanks for the reply.
We finally did as you suggest, put sticky hooks on the wall between the shower and bedroom entry for the bath towels. It works surprisingly well and is really handy, as you say, when you're getting out of the shower.
For the hand towel, we used the supplied ring and mounted it high up on the wall between the hall door and the bathroom cabinet. It's high enough not to interfere with the light switch, etc. Not 100% perfect but workable.

LuckyDog23

So glad you found a solution. I did happen to see a very short video of the latest colors and design in that model. They made the med cabinet and the storage cabinet the same height and the new counter was light in color. I haven’t see that new scheme in the 310. I saw it on YouTube. Did you get this one?

Last edited:

Gord&Cindy

So glad you found a solution. I did happen to see a very short video of the latest colors and design in that model. They made the med cabinet and the storage cabinet the same height and the new counter was light in color. I haven’t see that new scheme in the 310. I saw it on YouTube. Did you get this one?
I've seen that style in another video and wondered if it would be better. The thing is that even with the cabinet going all the way down to the countertop you still have the countertop, it's just inside the door. So if you want to use it as a countertop you just open the door and if you want to use it for storage you use it just like a cabinet. Not sure if I described that clearly. ;)

LuckyDog23

I did not notice that! Probably because of my towel bar consternation, I did not pull that door open. So it has no constructed bottom or floor but open. That may have advantages actually. Rather than a shelf things can fall off of onto the edge of the countertop and onward to the floor you can just put stuff in there. In a removable basket maybe? My current rig has an actual sit-at vanity with a chair. Never used chair. Its main function seemed to be tripping people or stubbing toes. The vanity has a lift up mirror and I keep all my hair brushes and makeup in it. I will probably miss that because it allowed me to put my face on without being in the bathroom.

UFF

Here is where we hang our towels after we shower in our 310RL. Command strip.

Attachments

• IMG_8351.jpeg
    IMG_8351.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 11

LuckyDog23

Where do you put them while you are in the shower? And do you not use a hand towel on the towel ring? @Gord&Cindy have a door where your beautiful star is hanging. That’s where I’m going to put one of those hotel type racks where they can stack on top plus hang below. We like to not fold our towels when wet to prevent mildew or sour towel smell. So I might invest in some of those bamboo towels. They supposedly dry faster.

UFF

Where do you put them while you are in the shower? And do you not use a hand towel on the towel ring? @Gord&Cindy have a door where your beautiful star is hanging. That’s where I’m going to put one of those hotel type racks where they can stack on top plus hang below. We like to not fold our towels when wet to prevent mildew or sour towel smell. So I might invest in some of those bamboo towels. They supposedly dry faster.
On the sink. Yep hand towel on mount by our sink. Never had an issue with smell and towels are always dry by morning.