• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

I do not get power from Generator on 30A

razvan1ian

I have a 395ds brand new and since day 2 the power from generator started acting up until it quit.
i tried warranty but never got to the point where a tech could come take a look.
I have a trip planned and cannot figure this out.
where is the converter located does anybody know ?
i believe to have a bad converter

Hrkdrivr

It’s behind the aft wall of the pass-through storage area, on the floor, about in the middle. You might be able to reach it from the driver’s side after you undo the bungee holding the wall in place. Or you might need to remove some screws to remove the wall to get at it.

Nunleyteam

I have the onboard Cummins and the coupler from the motor to the generator came undone. It’s a vulcanized piece of rubber. Called Alliance and they told me it had to go to Cummins to get warranty work done. It only had 1/2 an hour running hours on it.

BryanValRox

Hello, when you say it quit, what exactly do you mean? The generator won’t start/run? Or, It runs, BUT you have no AC output? Do things work on shore power? As you likely know, there would be a transfer switch that controls the path that the current takes.(Shore Power or Genset). If you have no ac output to the coach, BUT shore power works fine, I would start by validating genset output and transfer switch operation before anything else.(Would highly recommend a electrician be involved, if working with voltage is outside of your comfort zone.

Last edited: