• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

HOW TO USE AN INVERTER TO RUN WHOLE RV

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
While it would work, I would advise against it. It is the easy way to power the RV, but with all plugs hot and only 15amps...he is going to be tripping that inverter all day long.

If someone wants to use an inverter to boondock (we love our 3000w Victron) the best advise is to simply take the time and wire it correctly to a sub-panel with the smaller 2000w interverter.

I am guessing over time he will forget to flip his converter back on as needed and won't be charging his battery bank while on shore power or leaving it on and the converter will consume power to charge battery while inverterer is pulling power to create AC.

bhidalgo

Good luck with your upgrade. We ordered our '22 310RL in June of 2021 with the factory-installed Renogy solar package, which included the Progressive Industries 2K inverter. The inverter works fine, but we cannot do much with it other than run our refrigerator for the most part. I'm slowly upgrading my solar setup to all Victron. Still have to purchase and install my MultiPlus-II 2x 120V and add a few more panels on the roof, then I'll be done...for now. I love how that Victron MultiPlus unit will balance out your voltage by pulling from batteries if you are plugged in and your input voltage dips. At least that is what the advertising video/literature says.

Mazboy

Good luck with your upgrade. We ordered our '22 310RL in June of 2021 with the factory-installed Renogy solar package, which included the Progressive Industries 2K inverter. The inverter works fine, but we cannot do much with it other than run our refrigerator for the most part. I'm slowly upgrading my solar setup to all Victron. Still have to purchase and install my MultiPlus-II 2x 120V and add a few more panels on the roof, then I'll be done...for now. I love how that Victron MultiPlus unit will balance out your voltage by pulling from batteries if you are plugged in and your input voltage dips. At least that is what the advertising video/literature says.
this isn't something I'm going to do but saw it and thought for those out there that want to do little things for a few hours without solar or a generator.