• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Hello from Ohio

Turfengineer

My wife and I are looking at an Avenue 32RSL to replace our bumper pull travel trailer. Came here for insights into the brand, tips and other considerations that may be in a blind spot.

We have been “camping” with a travel trailer for a few years but we had enjoyed tent camping for many more. After dragging a box of sticks and tin around for a few thousand miles and staying longer than a weekend at a state park, we decided we needed to change our rig and we might as well get better quality.

Glad to be here and you’ll see a bunch of questions from me.

rgeyer

My wife and I are looking at an Avenue 32RSL to replace our bumper pull travel trailer. Came here for insights into the brand, tips and other considerations that may be in a blind spot.

We have been “camping” with a travel trailer for a few years but we had enjoyed tent camping for many more. After dragging a box of sticks and tin around for a few thousand miles and staying longer than a weekend at a state park, we decided we needed to change our rig and we might as well get better quality.

We have the 32RLS and love it. Are you on the Alliance Avenue Facebook page?

DanNJanice

Be warned, do not count on better quality. I had a Jayco J-Flight TT before my current 32RLS. IMO they are about the same as far as quality is concerned, despite the 32RLS being triple the price. My first trip out I had two leaks from the main slide, one leak from the kitchen slide and one leak from the bedroom slide. I found voids in the eternabond tape on the top of the slides, windows installed with the plugs upside down, slide seals pulling staples out and falling down.
The truth is all these trailers coming out of Elkhart are all built by very large consortiums in that area. They are all built by the same people, from the same components, to the same (very low) standards.
These outfits still think piecework is a good manufacturing technique (when it is really one of the worst ideas in manufacturing history).

Just so you don't think I am trolling, here are a few examples from my trailer. The pictures with the seals lifting and eternabond voids are AFTER the incompetent dealer finished "fixing" the leaks .
Bedroom_1_Resized.jpgBedroom_2_Resized.jpgMain Slide Window 1 After a few minutes of dripping_Resized.jpgMain Slide Window 1 Floor_Resized.jpgMain Slide Window 1 Top_Resized.jpgMicrowave_Dripping from bottom of cabinet frame onto countertop_Resized.jpgEternabond voids_Resized.jpgKitchen Slide Seal_Resized.jpgLiving Slide Seal_Resized.jpg