• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Has anybody added a 2nd Lithium battery to their Valor?

Val36

I have a Valor 36V11 with standard solar which includes 1 Renogy Smart 100Ah Lithium Battery. Has anybody added a 2nd battery? Can you provide screen shots of your battery install and how you wired it and what wire gauges?

Rob RM

I added a second. Very simple process. Unfortunately my rig is getting repaired so I can’t take pics.

***Note, once added you will want to reprogram your display to show the new 200 Ahr. Renogy did a simple YouTube video on how to change it.

Val36

This looks fantastic! Any chance you created a wiring diagram that shows what all the various parts are? There are quite a few new pieces in there! Is this the standard solar on a Valor (2 x 320W)?
What are your plans for the 3 blank fuses on that fuse block?

I also added a second battery as well as reconfiguring the 12 volt wiring.

View attachment 131

Bill_w6st

This looks fantastic! Any chance you created a wiring diagram that shows what all the various parts are? There are quite a few new pieces in there! Is this the standard solar on a Valor (2 x 320W)?
What are your plans for the 3 blank fuses on that fuse block?
Val36, Thanks for the kind words. It is the standard solar. I added a circuit breaker for the solar (top-40a). Below that is an upgraded CB (80a) for the Lippert Jacks. The 8 way fused block contains the slides, awnings and a couple other things I can't remember. The CB's on the right are for refrigerator, truck charge circuit, cap lights. I didn't trace out all circuits. No plans for the spare fuses at the moment. I am getting to marking what I can with label maker.

Bill_w6st

Val36, I upgraded the wire size to 2ga welding cable, that's what I had laying around. All the components are available from Amazon.

fragile

That does look great! Not having any knowledge with these solar/electrical systems, that looks somewhat intimidating. Is all that necessary to just add a second or third battery if you have the 2x320w solar panels?