• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Greystone digital range no spark.

dzeimantz

I have a 2022 Valor. Recently the spark on all 3 burners and the oven stopped working. I can light the burners with a lighter. I replaced the ignitor module that the ignitors plug into but that didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20240104_180847.jpg
    20240104_180847.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 15

BryanValRox

I have a 2022 Valor. Recently the spark on all 3 burners and the oven stopped working. I can light the burners with a lighter. I replaced the ignitor module that the ignitors plug into but that didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?
I see a wire disconnected in that picture, specifically the red one. Not sure if your picture is before or after replacement.
Have you checked for power and ground there, I would assume (yes I realize what assume does):) But I would think that you need to have a power and ground supply for that igniter to function.

dzeimantz

The pic was after replacing the igniter module. When it didn't solve the problem I pulled the red wire to check for voltage. I didn't read any voltage even when pushing the knobs.

BryanValRox

The pic was after replacing the igniter module. When it didn't solve the problem I pulled the red wire to check for voltage. I didn't read any voltage even when pushing the knobs.
Hi folks, while I do not have any direct experience with this range, I will offer some basic advice.
1. Check out the resource section of this forum. There are two manuals(two models) that have a basic wiring diagram in them. One shows a 120v diagram and the other a 12 volt diagram.
2. Determine what model applies to your situation(if any)
3. Ensure you didn’t cross polarity when you replaced the ign. Mod.
4. Investigate why you have no power.
5. Confirm ground is in tact as well.
6. Have you confirmed that “Every Knob” results in NO SPARK or just one ?
7. You indicate that no power is present at the red wire. Can you hook your meter across the power and ground to the ign mod. And use it a visual indicator, while you back track the circuit to the next component in line to check for power With another meter?
8. If no knobs produce a spark, the common thread would be power or ground at another module or the source.
9. Take your time, be careful, document your results, and work backwards to identify why your power is missing. Check each knob and back track to your power/ground sources.
Hope this helps, please follow back up to this forum so that we all can learn from your experiences.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

dzeimantz

I have 12v on the red wire to the igniter module. I verified the the black wire connects to ground when the burner knobs are pushed. Still no spark. I disconnected power to the control board and reconnected it. No help. The control board appears to be working. Stove selector snd oven selector work. Knobs light up blue when off and red when on

BryanValRox

I have 12v on the red wire to the igniter module. I verified the the black wire connects to ground when the burner knobs are pushed. Still no spark. I disconnected power to the control board and reconnected it. No help. The control board appears to be working. Stove selector and oven selector work. Knobs light up blue when off and red when on
Well, if you have power and ground to the ign. mod. when activating the knob, have you validated polarity on the ign. mod? Could you disconnect the power ground at the ign. mod. and use jumper wires to supply power and ground direct from a 12v source and ground? As I stated earlier, I have no direct experience with this stove, but a "test" power and ground would validate the ign. mod can produce spark. It that works, then the only other thing I can think of is that even though you are measuring voltage to the ign. mod. you could be missing the amps(current) that is needed to trigger the spark. While voltage can be present, current can be low due to high resistance within the circuit somewhere (think loose connection, corroded connection, partially broken wire, bad crimp etc.) The other possibility (long shot) might be is your pilot light for your oven? or is it a on demand pilot? I have seen some documentation that implies, oven pilots need to be lit for burners to function. I would think this is unlikely in your case, BUT just throwing it out there. Did you get an OEM ign. mod as a replacement? Is it an aftermarket that might not be compatible or perhaps the wrong voltage?
Hoping that there are others out there that might be able to offer additional suggestions.

Last edited:

dzeimantz

Well, if you have power and ground to the ign. mod. when activating the knob, have you validated polarity on the ign. mod? Could you disconnect the power ground at the ign. mod. and use jumper wires to supply power and ground direct from a 12v source and ground? As I stated earlier, I have no direct experience with this stove, but a "test" power and ground would validate the ign. mod can produce spark. It that works, then the only other thing I can think of is that even though you are measuring voltage to the ign. mod. you could be missing the amps(current) that is needed to trigger the spark. While voltage can be present, current can be low due to high resistance within the circuit somewhere (think loose connection, corroded connection, partially broken wire, bad crimp etc.) The other possibility (long shot) might be is your pilot light for your oven? or is it a on demand pilot? I have seen some documentation that implies, oven pilots need to be lit for burners to function. I would think this is unlikely in your case, BUT just throwing it out there. Did you get an OEM ign. mod as a replacement? Is it an aftermarket that might not be compatible or perhaps the wrong voltage?
Hoping that there are others out there that might be able to offer additional suggestions.
I don't have a 12 power supply. the oven pilot is tied into the igniter. I am able to light the oven pilot with a lighter. After it is lit the tempuratur control functions correctly.

BryanValRox

I don't have a 12 power supply. the oven pilot is tied into the igniter. I am able to light the oven pilot with a lighter. After it is lit the tempuratur control functions correctly.
Sorry, I am confused at this point. the first post stated you didn't have power and the second stated that you did. Can you confirm one way or the other?

BryanValRox

I had a problem with my multimeter. I got another meter and verified the 12v dc
No worries, as I understand it you have validated 12v is present on the red and black wire at the ign. mod when pressing any knob.
This would lead me to believe one of the following:
1. Polarity is reversed on the ign mod.
2. Amperage is low on the circuit (see comments in previous post)
3. Incorrect/incompatible, replacement ign. mod.
4. Defective replacement ign. Mod.

If you have a completed circuit across the red and black at the ign mod. when pushing a knob, I feel strongly that one of the above has to be the root cause. One last thought, what if you removed the wires from the ign, mod. outbound circuits one by one, does it make any difference? Could one of the ignitor wires be shorted out preventing the spark?

dzeimantz

No worries, as I understand it you have validated 12v is present on the red and black wire at the ign. mod when pressing any knob.
This would lead me to believe one of the following:
1. Polarity is reversed on the ign mod.
2. Amperage is low on the circuit (see comments in previous post)
3. Incorrect/incompatible, replacement ign. mod.
4. Defective replacement ign. Mod.

If you have a completed circuit across the red and black at the ign mod. when pushing a knob, I feel strongly that one of the above has to be the root cause. One last thought, what if you removed the wires from the ign, mod. outbound circuits one by one, does it make any difference? Could one of the ignitor wires be shorted out preventing the spark?
I tried with each wire individually but didn't get a spark on any of them. The replacement module is identical to the original.

BryanValRox

I tried with each wire individually but didn't get a spark on any of them. The replacement module is identical to the original.
Well, I am officially out of suggestions and will have to defer to others that may have firsthand experience.

Might be time to call in a professional.

Best of luck and hope that you get it figured out soon. Sorry, I couldn't get the ball over the goal line for you.

dzeimantz

Well, I am officially out of suggestions and will have to defer to others that may have firsthand experience.

Might be time to call in a professional.

Best of luck and hope that you get it figured out soon. Sorry, I couldn't get the ball over the goal line for you.
Thanks, I appreciate your time and assistance.

BryanValRox

Your welcome, just trying to help in the spirit of this forum.
Please follow back up with your findings so that we can all “Sharpen our saw”. Your results might help others in the future.
Have a great remainder of the weekend!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@dzeimantz - sorry to hear about lack of spark to the range. Sounds like you've tried everything you can to get it going. Thanks @BryanValRox for helping with this one. Sure appreciate forum members like you.

@dzeimantz - if you've not already done so, please email our service team at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, your callback phone, the last 6 of your vin, a brief description of the issue and a link to this thread so the CS rep can see all that you have tried.

dzeimantz

@dzeimantz - sorry to hear about lack of spark to the range. Sounds like you've tried everything you can to get it going. Thanks @BryanValRox for helping with this one. Sure appreciate forum members like you.

@dzeimantz - if you've not already done so, please email our service team at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, your callback phone, the last 6 of your vin, a brief description of the issue and a link to this thread so the CS rep can see all that you have tried.
Thanks, email sent

dzeimantz

The problem appears to be a bad component on the control circuit board. The control board is not individually replaceable requiring the replacement of the entire front panel. I have 1 on order. I will post the results after installing the new front panel.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
The problem appears to be a bad component on the control circuit board. The control board is not individually replaceable requiring the replacement of the entire front panel. I have 1 on order. I will post the results after installing the new front panel.
Please circle back here once you receive and install the control board. A picture of it and where it's installed at would be helpful to others as well. If this fixes solves your issue, myself of @Oregon_Camper will mark your thread SOLVED. Wishing you the best on this.