• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Furrion 12v freezer cycles/not staying frozen

HappyCamper

I once read somewhere that the 12v refrigerators will cycle from cold to warmer throughout the time they are running. Our problem is that the freezer will get cold once turned on, but then it will cycle upwards to 32+ degrees and then NOT cycle back down to the 0 or under range. Last night overnight, the outside temps were in the 20s, but the freezer didn't get any colder than 31 degrees. There's nothing in our owner's manual about this, and the Furrion manual is not helpful either. Can anyone guide us in how the refrigerator/freezer works or tell us if it sounds like it needs servicing? TIA

BryanValRox

I once read somewhere that the 12v refrigerators will cycle from cold to warmer throughout the time they are running. Our problem is that the freezer will get cold once turned on, but then it will cycle upwards to 32+ degrees and then NOT cycle back down to the 0 or under range. Last night overnight, the outside temps were in the 20s, but the freezer didn't get any colder than 31 degrees. There's nothing in our owner's manual about this, and the Furrion manual is not helpful either. Can anyone guide us in how the refrigerator/freezer works or tell us if it sounds like it needs servicing? TIA
I agree with Jim’s post. We just got back from our first trip in our 310 RL. Our 12v freezer held about 10 degrees and it only rose 2-4 degrees before it would cycle back down to 10. If I recall correctly I was on setting 3 which is middle of the road. Food was frozen solid!
We were very impressed with the temperature “stability” and the relativity quite operation.
31 degrees sounds like a warranty claim to me.

Last edited: