• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Full timer for 6 years. Looking at switching to a Paradigm 385FL from our Heartland Bighorn

1HOTAHI

New to the forum. Name is Gary, wife is Brenda, we began full time in 2017. Retired as a So Cal police officer after 29 years. Pulled the plug three days after turning 50 and hit the road in our ordered Bighorn 3270RS. We have had minimal problems with the BH. Been looking at the Paradigm 385FL over the last year. Looking at pulling the trigger at the end of this year. Looking for pros/cons of the Alliance products. Most of the negatives seem to be on the 2022 products. I see a lot of positive and negative, ANY insight is helpful. Thank you.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We sold our 2015 Bighorn in Aug 2022 and have a 2023 340RL on order with a May 22nd delivery date. As you know, there are issues with all RV's but from my research, Alliance service team is outstanding.

1HOTAHI

We sold our 2015 Bighorn in Aug 2022 and have a 2023 340RL on order with a May 22nd delivery date. As you know, there are issues with all RV's but from my research, Alliance service team is outstanding.
We were looking at the 340RL initially then decided to jump on the 385FL. I talked to a rep at the Portland show a few weeks ago. I actually knew more about the rigs than him! If you haven’t, check out a guy with a Paradigm on instagram that goes by “crappyrv”. His 2023 Paradigm is a mess!!!

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We were looking at the 340RL initially then decided to jump on the 385FL. I talked to a rep at the Portland show a few weeks ago. I actually knew more about the rigs than him! If you haven’t, check out a guy with a Paradigm on instagram that goes by “crappyrv”. His 2023 Paradigm is a mess!!!
Well...."CrappyRV" have 101 YouTube followers, so I am guessing he might be trying to push the limit of things that are wrong to grow his sub's. I watched a few and one was a scratch in the shower after a year. Uh...how is the world did it take him a year to see that? I'm guessing someone dropped something there...chipped it...and now he has another thing to complain about. Gotta make up stuff to keep the content rolling on YouTube. One more...he complained about how his kids (must be very young) have nothing to look at out the back window (rear facing car seat) as the front the 5th wheel is right there? Uh...how is that an issue? Again...he is making up stuff to create content....boring!!

1HOTAHI

Well...."CrappyRV" have 101 YouTube followers, so I am guessing he might be trying to push the limit of things that are wrong to grow his sub's. I watched a few and one was a scratch in the shower after a year. Uh...how is the world did it take him a year to see that? I'm guessing someone dropped something there...chipped it...and now he has another thing to complain about. Gotta make up stuff to keep the content rolling on YouTube. One more...he complained about how his kids (must be very young) have nothing to look at out the back window (rear facing car seat) as the front the 5th wheel is right there? Uh...how is that an issue? Again...he is making up stuff to create content....boring!!
I understand that, the main thing that concerned me was the crack where the slide goes into the rig. Little stuff is a total gimmee but im looking for major issues like that crack. Thats why i got on this forum, looking to see what folks have to say good or bad.

Mark Page

Owner Empowerment Advisor
Staff member
In addition to the great responses you get here, try the Alliance Owners RV Group on FB. I have the best of both worlds, I work with Alliance and am the proud owner of a 310RL. We are 40 year RVers, 2 years in our 310. We have traveled full-time forbthe last 6 years without complaints. Besides being a wonderful Company, the community is amazing. A company that listens and strives to do the right thing is beyond rare... but Alliance is there!

Guests on the Move

Have owned various RVs since the mid 1980s, have one of the very first Alliance Valor 0v13 made. It has been a great unit. As with everything there have been a few bugs to work out but Alliance has been there every step. We are on our 3rd year of owning this unit and Alliance has been there to offer assistance even after the warranty. I can not name any other company standing behind their customers.

1HOTAHI

Have owned various RVs since the mid 1980s, have one of the very first Alliance Valor 0v13 made. It has been a great unit. As with everything there have been a few bugs to work out but Alliance has been there every step. We are on our 3rd year of owning this unit and Alliance has been there to offer assistance even after the warranty. I can not name any other company standing behind their customers.
Thanks for the info, the more good i hear the better! Blessings

Rydrcoach

Sold our BH when we bought our 370FB in February of '20. A few small issues in the time we've owned it but no major problems. Like any RV if you pay attention to the coach & keep up with the general maintenance you should be happy. As others have stated the biggest advantage is the support from the service team. They are responsive and available.

1HOTAHI

Sold our BH when we bought our 370FB in February of '20. A few small issues in the time we've owned it but no major problems. Like any RV if you pay attention to the coach & keep up with the general maintenance you should be happy. As others have stated the biggest advantage is the support from the service team. They are responsive and available.
Thank you! Any input is much appreciated!!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @1HOTAHI and welcome to the forum! You're getting some decent feedback here on Paradigm. I agree with @Mark Page as well - lots to read about on Facebook about the Paradigm.

I work for Alliance RV and if there's any product specific questions you have as you contemplate your purchase, reach out to me and I can get the answers or connect you directly with the right people within the organization.
By the way, while I didn't own a Bighorn, I had 9 Heartland RVs since 2005 before moving to an Alliance Paradigm 340RL.

1HOTAHI

Hi @1HOTAHI and welcome to the forum! You're getting some decent feedback here on Paradigm. I agree with @Mark Page as well - lots to read about on Facebook about the Paradigm.

I work for Alliance RV and if there's any product specific questions you have as you contemplate your purchase, reach out to me and I can get the answers or connect you directly with the right people within the organization.
By the way, while I didn't own a Bighorn, I had 9 Heartland RVs since 2005 before moving to an Alliance Paradigm 340RL.
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately/ NOT a Facebook and barely an Instagram guy.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@1HOTAHI - I hear ya on Facebook. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. But that's why this forum exists. I assume you were active on the Heartland Owners Forum in the past. It existed (started Oct 2004) before other social media was a thing. As such, it has a lot of traction.

We're slowing growing here on the Alliance RV Owners Forum but most owner do prefer Facebook - so we live on both. Glad you've found your place here.