• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Fasteners for trim and furniture

JKBeauchamp

I purchased a 2022 Paradigm 372RK last month. We took it on our first trip and when we arrived the upper slide-out trim had fallen from all of the slides. The trim is fairly heavy and was only secured by very small and light gauge staples (no adhesive). We also noticed that the furniture had shifted and pulled the set screws from the floor. Are these things just part of “RV Life”, or should I expect a better build quality?

bhidalgo

JK welcome to the Paradigm family.
I keep a battery-operated brad nailer handy to fix the same types of issues you have run across. I also keep a tube of liquid nails handy to reinforce fixes if needed. You could also try a Finish Nailer for smaller trim. Either way, there's always sawdust to clean up or something to mend every time we travel. I guess it adds a certain character to the rig when you take care of the little things. As for the screws under the furniture coming loose we have not experienced that - yet. We've had our 310RL for almost a year and really do enjoy it. We're still new to this whole RV stuff but since the Navy was an adventure for me for many many years, RV'ing really hasn't thrown anything at me yet that I can't find a way to fix. Good Luck and don't hesitate to ask for help here. Everyone has been very helpful every time we've asked. Bill.

JKBeauchamp

Thanks so much for the reply. Much appreciated! I was able to fix both issues. I used wood screws on the heavy trim (counter sink, with wood filler and matching stain), as I just didn’t trust the trim nail/staples. We have our next road trip in about 4 days, so we will see how it all holds up. :)