• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Dual filter and softener plumbed inline

Coltsdad

I've been following the Facebook groups looking at different ways to permanently mount them. I finally decided to mount the dual filters after the water inlet and before the nautilus panel. I then come out if the filters with soft flex hose to my water softener. I used quick disconnects on the softener so I can set it out to perform recharges on it.
alliance water filters (2).jpgalliance water softener.jpg

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I've been following the Facebook groups looking at different ways to permanently mount them. I finally decided to mount the dual filters after the water inlet and before the nautilus panel. I then come out if the filters with soft flex hose to my water softener. I used quick disconnects on the softener so I can set it out to perform recharges on it.

Nice! Water softener as well. Love how you used the 3/4" baby cam-locks too. I'll be reusing those form my last coach when I install my water plant in my 340RL.

Question: Did you run your filters before or after your water softener? I've always run filtration before the softener but another Allie on Facebook I think, ran his on the output of the softener. I'm thinking running sediment at the least, before the softener allows it to work easier and maybe do a better job, but I have no first-hand experience running filtration after the softener.

Whitewolf

Sweet setup Coltsdad!

Jim, I think if I read Coltsdad's post correctly, he goes from the filters to the softener to the panel. Which is what I did on our Montana HC and what I'll do on our 340 when I pick it up.

I've read where people have gone thru the softener first, but that makes no sense to me. We've all seen the videos and I've seen my own rust colored sediment filters when I changed them.

I have the Clearsource 2 stage filter and an On The Go softener on the HC, but I'm going in a slightly different direction on the 340. I went with this system. https://proaquawater.com/collections/travel-series It has a single canister 2 stage filter. The filter canister with the filter out and salt added is how the softener is regenerated.

I never had a loss of water flow in the HC. We'll see how the Pro Aqua does.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Ron Holden - You're probably right on Jason's filter position.

Your setup looks like it's going to be nice. We don't RV as much as we used to so we're planning to start out with filtration only + RO for drinking and ice. If the places we frequent the most have water so hard we can't bear it - in will go a softener after the filtration.

Plan to do your own in-depth PDI on your coach and if possible, camp near your dealer for a couple of days, using everything, taking notes, writing down questions etc. Let them take care of any punch list items and questions you come up with before you roll home with it.

Whitewolf

@Jim Beletti - I'm going to ask the guys at Noteboom RV in S.D. to do a thorough and complete PDI before we get there. For me, their inspection would be to look for anything that might require replacement parts. Then as you said, we'd do our own. I like your idea of camping close to them for a few days, never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Not sure how that's gonna work out though. Got a couple of problems. Not sure when the weather breaks in S.D. to be able to camp. We live in the U.P. so we're closer to you than them. 🤣 But that's a minor problem.

The real problem is I need a hip replaced. Mobility right now is a bit of a problem. The Dr wants to move me towards the top of the list, whatever that means. Once that's done and I'm released to leave, you can color me gone!