• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Dimmer switch for slide/couch lights; and bathroom light.

The lights above the couch in our 40v13 are very bright - good for some applications, not so good for mellow evening hang-out-on-the-couch-gosh-this-switch-is-convenient-but-now-I'm-blind mood lighting. The lights themselves are a very warm pleasant light which we prefer to the cooler light options in the living room/kitchen, but we rarely use them in the way that I think the switch location assumes we will want to use them?

Another place that would be nice to have a dimmer switch is in the bathroom - none of the 3 lights are low enough to be night-time dim.

Can we order things like dimmer switches from Alliance?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I had the same issue in the Avenue that we have - lights were often too bright over the table and seating. I ordered and installed these off of Amazon.

Only had to minimally increase the size of the existing hole where the old switch was to install these.

That's a cool stealth dimmer. Thanks for sharing. Say, if you took pictures of your install, you might want to create a mod thread in the DC Lighting sub-forum: https://alliancervowners.com/forums/dc-lighting.108/

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
We're considering stealing the dimmer switch from the bedroom, where we don't actually care about dimming.

Good idea. As the hole size where you remove the dimmer may be larger than a replacement simple switch, you may want to fit the switch onto a wall plate and then onto the wall.

dwcfish

We have the dimmer in our bedroom and it looks like this:
1641069234409.png

This is significantly larger than the normal on and off switches. If you do go this route you will have to cut a much larger hole where you are taking the on/off of switch out and then you will have to deal with a large hole where you removed this one from. The other ones referenced above are almost exactly the same size as the on/off you remove. Also I did not think we would really use the dimmer in the bedroom but have found that we use it all the time