• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta Inverter prep: What is that?

Delta262

No decent info from Alliance on our soon-to-be-new Delta 262rb, so I have questions. What does ‘inverter prep’’ men from Alliance? When I mentioned I wanted an inverter, the dealer listed $700 labor to install one. Wiring to battery, etc. If our Delta is ‘prepped’ for an inverter, why so expensive? Same question about ‘prep’ for TPMS, internet, etc? Since Alliance fielded a camper without an owner manual or documentation, it’s tough to understand the company thought process. I also need to decide the size and type inverter along with battery topics.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @Delta262 - love your username!

The manual is coming. I am working on it now. Let me check in with Eric Bailey, the Delta product manager on the Inverter and TPMS prep and circle back here with what I find. Thanks.

Delta262

Thnx. dropped by he dealer to check out items in question. TPMS prep likely means the ‘bluetooth signal booster’ mounted in the utility section of the pass thru. It lists Tire Linc; odds are high we must supply the monitor inside the truck; may mean we must supply the four sensors on the tire valve stems. We already had the Tire Minder [display, booster, and four sensors] from our Montana. I checked on eTrailer whether the sensors connect via the Tire Linc booster to the Tire Minder’s display. Good news: they are supposed to be interoperable as they both use the same signal type! Lead acid versus AGM versus Lithium batteries partly control which type we can use. Although we don’t boondock, in the past we had problems were we couldn’t park our prior campers and plug them in. Don’t want the 12 volt fridge to not be kept cold; not just food-related, but carried meds that required refrigeration…so it’s not a ‘nothing burger’ concern. The three dump handles UNDER THE SLIDE is the single biggest problem. Alliance skruued the pooch bigtime there! Many other questions and concerns…many of which might be minor if we had a manual and/or trailer specifications. Since Alliance knew from Day One this Delta series was coming, documentation should have been on hand longgggg ago. As an Army Combat Developer, I’m well aware of what goes into developing and fielding new systems. That’s why we combine hardware developments folks like me with trainers and documentation developers. Fielding new major end items is confusing/challenging enough without compounding the effects. Bad enough for Users…pity the poor dealers who look foolish because they can’t explain things when needed. I can’t excuse poor preparation by Alliance.

Delta262

Documentation is a MUST. I had to point out things to the PDI guy who was extremely knowledgeable; he simply had no info and ours is the first one sold in Missouri. We recommended he watch the ‘ RV Nerd’ YouTube videos for info. I’m buying a Lithium battery for it, despite not knowing if the Converter can interface with Lithium batteries. Might have to replace it, but NO DOCUMENTATION. Not helpful. And we found a lot of little, obviously bad construction boo-boos provided by Delta workers and/or PDI QA/QC folks at the plant! Thank you for the boo-boos.